Main Menu

Most disturbing film ever?

Started by Celx, May 22, 2010, 11:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celx

What film do you folks feel is the most disturbing you've ever seen?
For me it would need to be "family portraits", or the french version of "the vanishing"

I need something to rent, please advise...

Doggett

Inside/À l'intérieur (2007)

That would get my vote.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

Vik

I heard Cannibals is very disturbing, haven't seen it though.

Celx

Quote from: vik on May 22, 2010, 11:28:58 AM
I heard Cannibals is very disturbing, haven't seen it though.

Is that about cannibals by any chance?

3mnkids

Martyrs~~ its seriously effed up.
There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations

The Burgomaster

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

vukxfiles

The Exorcist, Faces of Death, El Topo, Pink Flamingos

AndyC

Shocking Asia. Normally, I find surgical procedures interesting to watch, but the male-to-female nip and tuck in this shockumentary was very uncomfortable to watch, and I looked away for most of it. That was about 20 years ago. At the time, I thought there was a better than 50-50 chance they faked it, but looking it up more recently, any account I can find says it's real, which gives it a big boost in the disturbing department.

I love this trailer. The narration has the tone of a school film.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8e0ri_shocking-asia-mondo-documentary-tra_shortfilms
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

InformationGeek

Pink Flamingos.  Haven't seen the film, but from what I understand, it qualifies perfectly as distrubing.

I wouldn't say all of the film is distrubing, but Paprika had a bunch of scenes that pretty much distrubed the crap out of me.  Example, when the guy has Paprika strapped down to the table and he... ah... he... mind screws her.  That's all I can say.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Starsky

If you ask me, every Michael Bay film ever made. period.

lester1/2jr

The Baby because it's PG and still totally unsettling

skuts

Babies taste best.

Neville

Quote from: 3mnkids on May 22, 2010, 11:50:58 AM
Martyrs~~ its seriously effed up.

I agree. So is "Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door".
Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.

inframan

Most disturbing I've seen, probably Visitor Q
Most disturbing ever Serbian Movie, I will not see it and I hate to even mention that it exists.

vukxfiles

Quote from: inframan on May 24, 2010, 12:10:23 PM
Most disturbing I've seen, probably Visitor Q
Most disturbing ever Serbian Movie, I will not see it and I hate to even mention that it exists.

I'm a serb, am I disturbing? :wink: