Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green

Quote from: zombie #1 on July 12, 2013, 04:39:43 PM
ah yeah but can they do this: finny pic

:tongueout:

re fact:

Stephen King wrote The Running Man under another name.

LilCerberus

In his song about the pharaoh, Steve Martin sings, "Don't want no fancy funeral, just one like ol' King Tut."

Compared to to other pharaohs, Tutankhamun's funeral wasn't.
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

On January 26, 1972 Serbian airline hostess Vesna Vulovic survived a 33,310 foot free-fall on a jet which exploded mid-air following a terrorist bombing. Though left in a coma for twenty-seven days and terribly injured, she eventually recovered and returned to work for the same airline.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Green

Quote from: ER on July 17, 2013, 03:54:50 PM
On January 26, 1972 Serbian airline hostess Vesna Vulovic survived a 33,310 foot free-fall on a jet which exploded mid-air following a terrorist bombing. Though left in a coma for twenty-seven days and terribly injured, she eventually recovered and returned to work for the same airline.

Good grief, that's amazing if true. I guess psychics don't apply to some people, huh?

Flangepart

Read of a gunner from a burning RAF Lancaster who's chute burned, so he just decided to get it over with. Fell some 20.000 feet into a series of tree limbs and a deep snow drift. he lived, and the Germans didn't believe him till they found the remains of his plane.
"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

Jack

The amount of gold produced and ejected during the merger of two neutron stars may be as large as 10 moon masses.
The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

BoyScoutKevin

On the 9th day of Christmas . . .
Santa has his own . . .

Airport
Rovaniemi, Finland

Congress
Copenhagen, Denmark

Olympics
Gaellivan, Sweden
Samnaun, Switzerland

Theme Park
Santa Claus, Indiana, USA

University
Midland, Michigan, USA
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Next time: the 10th day of Christmas

ER

1990s infomercial diva Miss Cleo does the voice of Auntie Poulet in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Chainsawmidget

In Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake was supposedly designed as having the body of Jean Claude Van Damme and the face of Christopher Walken. 

Umaril Has Returned

Quote from: Chainsaw midget on July 22, 2013, 10:41:18 AM
In Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake was supposedly designed as having the body of Jean Claude Van Damme and the face of Christopher Walken. 

Jean-Claude Walken...now there's an ideal!

Leah

yeah no.

Rev. Powell

In the late 1950s and early 1960s the CIA ran a secret program called "Operation Midnight Climax." Prostitutes lured men to CIA-run brothels where the johns were secretly dosed with LSD to observe the drug's effects.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Leah

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 23, 2013, 08:19:26 PM
In the late 1950s and early 1960s the CIA ran a secret program called "Operation Midnight Climax." Prostitutes lured men to CIA-run brothels where the johns were secretly dosed with LSD to observe the drug's effects.
I heard it was called MKULTRA, and a up and coming police guy robbed a bar, hurt his career. Later, when he heard about this, he tried to file a lawsuit  against the CIA, only to discover that all files about MKULTRA were destroyed. Poor guy.
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: El Misfit on July 25, 2013, 11:00:01 AM
Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 23, 2013, 08:19:26 PM
I heard it was called MKULTRA, and a up and coming police guy robbed a bar, hurt his career. Later, when he heard about this, he tried to file a lawsuit  against the CIA, only to discover that all files about MKULTRA were destroyed. Poor guy.

"Midnight Climax" was a sub-program of MKULTRA, probably the craziest one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Midnight_Climax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

Today the great Charles Addams...

His favorite pastime was said to be wandering through graveyards and imagining what the people buried under his feet looked like.

He never assigned names or defined relationships among the Addams Family in his New Yorker cartoons, hence the confusion on some TV episodes as to whether Uncle Fester is Gomez' brother or his uncle.

Also, Charles Addams wanted to name Pugsley Addams Pubert Addams, but network censors said that might offend people, so the name lay dormant until the feature films of the 1990s.

Two of his closest friends were Alfred Hitchcock and Ray Bradbury, both of whom referenced Addams in their work. (Hitchcock in North By Northwest, and Bradbury in several short stories.)

Addams was a firm disbeliever in the supernatural but loved the macabre and said he enjoyed Halloween more than any other day of the year.

Finally, perhaps best of all, his ashes were buried in a pet cemetery.