Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammock Rider

A variety of fish, most commonly pearl fish, have evolved a commensalistic symbiotic relationship with sea cucumbers in which the pearl fish will live in sea cucumber's cloaca using it for protection from predation, a source of food (the nutrients passing in and out of the anus from the water), and to develop into their adult stage of life.

Bonus fact of the day: In zoological anatomy, a cloaca /kloʊˈeɪkə/ is the posterior opening that serves as the only opening for the intestinal, reproductive, and urinary tracts of certain animal species. All amphibians, birds, reptiles, and monotremes possess this orifice, from which they excrete both urine and feces, unlike most placental mammals, which possess two or three separate orifices for evacuation.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

ER

1 GB is equal to approximately 500,000 pages of text.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Adolf Hitler's favorite movie was KING KONG.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog says he thinks Jennifer Lopez is the best....the best to poop on!

BoyScoutKevin

187 places to eat. Serving the following cuisines . . .

african -- american -- american fusion -- asian -- asian fusion -- barbecue -- buffet -- cajun -- californian -- canadian -- chinese -- contemporary french -- creole -- cuban-- ecletic -- english -- german -- global -- hawaiian -- indian -- international -- irish -- italian -- japanese -- latin american -- mediterranean -- mexican --moroccan -- norwegian -- nouvelle french -- pacific northwestern -- pacific rim -- pan-asian -- pizza -- polynesian -- seafood -- southern -- southern italian -- steakhouse -- and sushi.

Of course, not all in the same place.

Plus, each year 1.6 million turkey legs and 500 tons of watermelon are served up each year. What?! No fried chicken.

If you wondered where all the candy went. Each year beginning in September, they hold a big Halloween party almost every night, and expected that 220 tons of candy will be given away before the party is over.

And if you thought they had no sense of humor.

auntie gravity's fast food -- avalunch -- beaches and cream -- dinosaur gertie's ice cream of extinction -- fresh-a-peel -- good's food to go aka good's to go -- i. c. expeditions -- lottawatta lodge -- lunching pad -- picabu cafeteria -- pizzafari -- restaurantosaurus -- starring rolls cafe -- and trilo-bites.

Next time: don't play with your food.

Leah

From Grand Theft Auto 3 and on, all of the console based game has a helicopter in the top left corner on the box art.
yeah no.

BoyScoutKevin

You can and/or could get the following in a special surprise shape.

butter pats -- cakes -- cheeses -- cookies -- cucumbers -- cupcakes -- fruits -- ice cream bars (very popular) -- mashed potatoes -- muffins -- pancakes -- pastas -- sandwiches -- sundaes -- tomatoes -- and waffles.

Next time: they know what is important.

Leah

within 24 hours of its release, Rockstar racked in $800 million from GTA V. Within three days from the release, GTA V raked in over $1 Billion dollars. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 took 15 days to rake in over $1 billion dollars.
yeah no.

ER

Honey is believed to be the only organic matter which does not decompose. Honey found in Pharaonic tombs from ancient Egypt was consumed in the twentieth century, and found to be identical in taste and physical consistency to honey that was produced by bees alive at that time. Honey also has powerful antiseptic properties, and when mixed with a paste of garlic and placed on a wound is as effective at fighting off infection as many modern drugs.

zombie no.one

There are more stars in the universe than there are individual brain cells of every human being that ever existed.
please do not mock my potato.

Rev. Powell

Which is male, and which is female?

The faces above are actually the exact same face. The only difference is that picture on the left is rendered in higher contrast.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Leah

A Boeing 727 aircraft was stolen out of an airport in 2003. Neither the plane, nor the two men aboard were ever found.
yeah no.

zombie no.one

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 27, 2013, 05:55:31 PM
Which is male, and which is female?

The faces above are actually the exact same face. The only difference is that picture on the left is rendered in higher contrast.
Interesting, but to be honest if you hadn't implied one was male and one female I'd have assumed they were both female. One on right perhaps looks a tad more 'masculine'?

Then again in my hometown there was this woman who was a mother of 5 and who was bald and had a beard, no exaggeration
please do not mock my potato.

ER

In the Soviet Union many official maps distributed among the people were deliberately printed with misinformation, with the logic being that if you didn't already know how to get someplace, you likely had no business going there.

zelmo73

Quote from: indianasmith on September 16, 2013, 10:40:58 PM
Adolf Hitler's favorite movie was KING KONG.

A fitting metaphor for him and his Third Reich: Big ugly ape climbs to the top before getting gunned down by the powers-that-be.

Fact: Sir Ian Holm, who played the elder Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings (2001, 2003), also played the psychotic android Ash in Alien (1979).

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"