Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffine

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

Nightowl

Some new winconsin quarters contain an error that can leave you rich.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/quarter.asp

Psycho Circus

The nine blue and white stripes of the Greek flag stand for the nine syllables of the slogan of the war of independence from Turkey, Eleutheria i Thanatos ('Freedom or Death').

Hammock Rider

In 1987 The Royal Canadian Mint introduced the Canadian one-dollar coin, commonly known as the Loonie.
Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

bob

Quote from: Nightowl on June 29, 2011, 05:39:34 PM
Some new winconsin quarters contain an error that can leave you rich.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/quarter.asp

the sad thing is that I may have accidently spent the valueable quarter :(
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

venomx

Fact. I didn't enjoy the 1st 2 Transformers movies. :thumbdown:

Nightowl

The phrase "Jumping the shark" comes from a episode of happy days where fonzie jumps over a shark while wearing a motorcycle jacket and swiming trunks.

ghouck

Quote from: Nightowl on July 03, 2011, 12:37:01 PM
The phrase "Jumping the shark" comes from a episode of happy days where fonzie jumps over a shark while wearing a motorcycle jacket and swiming trunks.

He jumps another shark in Arrested Development.
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution

Psycho Circus

In 1999, the total number of people killed by guns in the USA was 28,874. In Britain, the figure was 207.

indianasmith

Surely a few of those plugged in the U.S. were British . . . just trying to keep your total up! LOL
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

venomx

Quote from: Circus Circus on July 04, 2011, 01:27:04 PM
In 1999, the total number of people killed by guns in the USA was 28,874. In Britain, the figure was 207.

Welcome to the jungle...

Nah, I joke. That's sad really. We can only hope our numbers drop. Hats off to Britain! :thumbup:

ghouck

To be fair though, USA has several times as many people, AND Dick Cheney was on a political hiatus in '99. He probably constitutes a large part of the difference.
Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Psycho Circus

Quote from: ghouck on July 04, 2011, 02:47:41 PM

To be fair though, USA has several times as many people, AND Dick Cheney was on a political hiatus in '99. He probably constitutes a large part of the difference.

Just for the record, I wasn't posting this to highlight anything or make claim that Britain is safer/better. North America is gargantuan in comparison, so there's obviously going to be a higher rate of gun fatalities.  Just a fact I happened to read today. :smile:

ghouck

Quote from: Circus Circus on July 04, 2011, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: ghouck on July 04, 2011, 02:47:41 PM

Just for the record, I wasn't posting this to highlight anything or make claim that Britain is safer/better. North America is gargantuan in comparison, so there's obviously going to be a higher rate of gun fatalities.  Just a fact I happened to read today. :smile:

I thought you were pointing out how much better aim we have than you guys.  :teddyr:

indianasmith

Well, I personally can shoot a hummingbird off a high wire 40 feet away . . . with a BB gun!!

Or, at least, I did that once!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"