Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Circus

Advertisements for wristwatches always show the time as ten past ten.

Nightowl

Jack Daniels is made in Lynchberg,TN which happens to be a dry county.

retrorussell

Man.. I keep thinking that says "Fart of the day".  Where's the thread for that?  I had some doozies lately..
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Psycho Circus

Aerodontia is the branch of dentistry dealing with problems caused by flying.

Leah

In order to cheat a speeding camera, you must be doing 170 mph because the camera won't catch it.  thank you Top Gear (U.K.)
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

Water that has previously been boiled and cooled boils faster than water of the same temperature that's never been boiled.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Psycho Circus

The coastline of Africa is shorter than the coastline of Greenland.

Hammock Rider

A baby humpback whale gains about 100 pounds a day.
Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

Psycho Circus

In 1950, less than 10% of Africa had been mapped.

BoyScoutKevin

Quote from: Circus Circus on August 15, 2011, 04:01:34 PM
The coastline of Africa is shorter than the coastline of Greenland.

And the coastline of Greenland may be longer than we think. Now that the icecap that covers Greenland is melting,  some people think that Greenland is actually several islands. We were just unaware of this fact, because Greenland was covered by the ice cap.

Silverlady

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly BACKWARDS!
Hold onto your dreams ....

Nightowl

Quote from: Silverlady on August 18, 2011, 06:51:40 PM

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly BACKWARDS!

Thats pretty interesting.

Dolph Lundgren(Ivan Drago-Rocky IV)has an IQ of around 160; he speaks 7 languages (French, Swedish, German, English, Spanish, some Japanese and some Italian) and was a graduate in chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.He also holds a 3rd degree black belt in Kyokushin karate

Leah

in the world of a practical super cars, the Koenigsegg is the best alternative because it can, by mistake, can fit golf clubs in the bonnet.
yeah no.

Hammock Rider

Sea cucumbers have no true brain. A ring of neural tissue surrounds the oral cavity, and sends nerves to the tentacles and the pharynx. The animal is, however, quite capable of functioning and moving about if the nerve ring is surgically removed.
Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

Psycho Circus

South Africa has nine official languages and three official capitals.