Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammock Rider

Sea cucumbers have inspired thousands of haiku in Japan, where they are called namako (海鼠), written with characters that can be translated "sea mice" (an example of gikun

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat

Psycho Circus

The word ambulance comes from the French for 'walking'.

Leah

In Fed Ex, There's an arrow between the E & X
yeah no.

Silverlady

The Great Horned Owl and Barred Owl are a skunk's only predator in the wild.  Yet, cars kill more skunks than either.
Hold onto your dreams ....

Psycho Circus

Quote from: Circus Circus on September 07, 2011, 01:12:31 PM
The word ambulance comes from the French for 'walking'.

^ How freaky is that!?  The day after I posted that, I was in one! :lookingup:

In 1996, 2,599 Americans were taken to hospital with injuries caused by room deodorizers and air fresheners.

Leah

Child Bride was the only movie that MST3K REJECTED!
yeah no.

Psycho Circus

In Amharic, the national language of Ethiopia, 'aye' means 'no'.

Hammock Rider

The sea anemone Adamsia palliata growing on the exterior of a gastropod shell inhabited by the hermit crab Pagurus prideaux is capable of enlarging the shell to better accommodate the crab inside.

Hammock Rider

From the Zubaz website...
The largest pair of Zubaz ever made were worn by the Miami Heat Mascot nicknamed "Burnie." The tallest pair of Zubaz ever made were sewn for a guy named George Bell who was over 7' 4" tall. The smallest pair of Zubaz ever made were produced for the Jesse Ventura Action Figure doll and had an inseam of 5 inches.

Psycho Circus

Amsterdam is built on about 90 islands, connected by about 1,000 bridges.

Leah

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 has earned 2 Platinum awards by Electronic Gaming Monthly
yeah no.

Psycho Circus

There is no word in ancient Greek for 'religion' and there were no sacred texts of any kind.

RCMerchant

Quote from: Circus Circus on September 17, 2011, 04:03:50 AM
There is no word in ancient Greek for 'religion' and there were no sacred texts of any kind.
Smart people. Religion is booze fotr the masses. Makes em feel good..but its all a dream.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

RCMerchant

Heres a fact. If your dad beats the f**k out of you-if yer stepma hates you. You WILL turn into-
A.A serial killer
B. A Geek

Imma geek. :)
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Leah

Fact of the day- I'm a cheap guy. :twirl:
yeah no.