Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Despite people's imaginations running away with them, in the shower scene in Psycho, filmed during a dance at the Saltine Pavilion in Utah, director Rock Sterling never actually showed Jamie Leigh Curtis' skin being pierced by the hypodermic needles in Jason's gloves, though he did later dispatch Dick Hollarman with a chainsaw while spewing pea soup, when he leaped out from Damien's gutter dressed as a clown seven days after he watched Carrie's cursed prom video in Hill House near Crystal Lake in Amityville, New Mexico.

All true.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Svengoolie 3

Mel Brooks demanded absolute authenticity in the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.   The actors were required to eat massive amount of beans and fart forcibly many many times before brooks was satisfied.  He insisted the actors do their own farts so body position and facial expressions would be in sync with the sounds. Several actors suffered intestinal herniations and bleeding rectums from the repeated takes.
The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.

BoyScoutKevin

Today
Here are the streaming services available.
Vudu
Twitter
Hulu
Amazon Prime

Tomorrow
or beginning in 2019, here are the likeliest streaming services to become available, even excluding Sky.

A.T.&T.-Time Warner
or, your tax $ at work. Sued by the government to prevent the merge, the government lost its case. Still, it is suing again to prevent the merge, and it is likely to lose again

Comcast-NBC-Universal

Disney-20th Century Fox
It starts on 2nd base.
1st unlike most distributors, who have to contract with a content provider, it'll own most of the content it'll distribute.
2nd it is the only streaming service to date, which will have a streaming service entirely suitable for children.

National Amusement-Viacom-Paramount-CBS
CBS will likely re-emerge with the above, especially with Shari Redstone owning a large % of the CBS stock.

And here is one for you Wal-Mart shoppers
Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart.

Next time: it's an one-way avenue, people.

Pacman000

"Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart."

And now I'm scared. ;)

ER

In The Phantom Menace, steadily drizzling salt was used to simulate waterfalls on the models of cities.

ER

On this day in 1918, a German U-Boat surfaced off Smith Island, North Carolina, and lobbed mustard gas shells at the lighthouse there, the only time in the First World War that the American homeland was assailed with poison gas.

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-08-13/ed-1/seq-1/

AoTFan

I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

Wikipedia helpfully tells me that, "Chartreuse is a color between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs."

So, yeah, learn something new everyday!

And if anyone's curious what it looks like...

ER

Quote from: AoTFan on August 15, 2018, 04:24:37 PM
I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

Wikipedia helpfully tells me that, "Chartreuse is a color between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs."

In America we call that Mountain Dew.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: AoTFan on August 15, 2018, 04:24:37 PM
I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

I used to drink Chartreuse; it comes in TWO colors...

RCMerchant

[/quote]2 Colors!  :thumbup:
I don't drink wine-but I do drink. And I rate my  libations.  :drink:

!. Black Velvet
2.Any other whiskey
3. Cheap Vodka
4. Cheaper Gin (both made by Arrow).
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

I don't drink vodka anymore and never whiskey.  But I do like GIN.  I have drunk cheap gin, though you can really taste the difference if you drink something really good like Boodle's gin.  Beefeater is good.  Gilbey's is good enough. 

ER

A shame alcohol contributes to so many traffic deaths a year, leaving behind survivors to mourn and remember, year after year.

Allhallowsday

You, EVELYN, perplex me.  You're so right.  No pun intended.  I will never drink and drive again, but I am guilty and damned lucky.  I think I drove hammered ... many times.   :bluesad:  'Course, that was like 30 years ago.  :thumbup:  :smile:

Pacman000

Quote from: BoyScoutKevin on August 09, 2018, 03:33:49 PM
Today
Here are the streaming services available.
Vudu
Twitter
Hulu
Amazon Prime

Tomorrow
or beginning in 2019, here are the likeliest streaming services to become available, even excluding Sky.

A.T.&T.-Time Warner
or, your tax $ at work. Sued by the government to prevent the merge, the government lost its case. Still, it is suing again to prevent the merge, and it is likely to lose again

Comcast-NBC-Universal

Disney-20th Century Fox
It starts on 2nd base.
1st unlike most distributors, who have to contract with a content provider, it'll own most of the content it'll distribute.
2nd it is the only streaming service to date, which will have a streaming service entirely suitable for children.

National Amusement-Viacom-Paramount-CBS
CBS will likely re-emerge with the above, especially with Shari Redstone owning a large % of the CBS stock.

And here is one for you Wal-Mart shoppers
Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart.

Next time: it's an one-way avenue, people.
Questar (I think,) The Peter Rodgers Orginization, & YouTube also have streaming services.