Main Menu

Favorite Christmas Specials?

Started by Kaseykockroach, December 08, 2011, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaseykockroach

Can be any kind, be it Christmas-themed episodes of your favorite TV shows, or just those one-hour specials.
Son of Stimpy/Stimpy's First Fart
Woodland Critter Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJQSIQwl6c

Muppet Family Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYDpvRCMI

And of course Chuck Jones' Grinch, but that goes without saying.
(Sorry, not a big Peanuts fan. And those Rankin-Bass specials always creeped me out). :P
Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."

Flick James

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Kaseykockroach

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."

Flick James

Quote from: Kaseykockroach on December 08, 2011, 01:38:34 PM
...Should've seen that coming. :P

Yeah. Couldn't resist. I'm just glad I was the first to exploit the opportunity.

:teddyr:
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

tracy

Here's one we used to look forward to every year when we were kids....haven't seen it in such a long time.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

66Crush

It always bugs me that people trash "A Charlie Brown Christmas." I love it. Peanuts cartoons always get accused of being depressing, but it's a hell of a lot less depressing than  "Frosty" or "Rudolph."

retrorussell

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

HappyGilmore

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Nakuyabi

Well, this past Christmas, this classic Twilight Zone Christmas episode was our entertainment for the evening:

It's an excellent story that, as with the rest of the series, presents a unique twist on what would otherwise be a rather cliched subject. I later discovered the 1980s remake of that episode, which was pretty good too, albeit with a slightly different spin on everything:

tracy

Quote from: 66Crush on March 25, 2012, 12:02:13 AM
It always bugs me that people trash "A Charlie Brown Christmas." I love it. Peanuts cartoons always get accused of being depressing, but it's a hell of a lot less depressing than  "Frosty" or "Rudolph."
I still love "A Charlie Brown Christmas"....it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it,IMO.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

Kaseykockroach

It always bugs me that people trash "A Charlie Brown Christmas." I love it. Peanuts cartoons always get accused of being depressing, but it's a hell of a lot less depressing than  "Frosty" or "Rudolph."
I'm indifferent to it myself (and Peanuts in general. I prefer Calvin & Hobbes, The Far Side and Pogo Possum). Mostly due to overexposure.

66Crush

Fact:The first full length episode of The Simpsons (not the Tracey Allman shorts) was the Christmas Special in 1989.

RobFilm

Just about every South Park Christmas special, but to me it just isn't Christmas until I've seen Mr Hankey's Christmas Classics

HappyGilmore

Quote from: RobFilm on April 23, 2012, 10:24:39 AM
Just about every South Park Christmas special, but to me it just isn't Christmas until I've seen Mr Hankey's Christmas Classics
This.

Good call.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

RCMerchant

Quote from: tracy on March 27, 2012, 01:02:36 PM
It always bugs me that people trash "A Charlie Brown Christmas." I love it. Peanuts cartoons always get accused of being depressing, but it's a hell of a lot less depressing than  "Frosty" or "Rudolph."
I still love "A Charlie Brown Christmas"....it wouldn't seem like Christmas without it,IMO.

Me too.
And the Grinch,of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dUvOzHw1C0
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant