Main Menu

Two Truths and a Lie

Started by Mofo Rising, January 17, 2012, 04:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Quote from: Dark Alex on September 26, 2017, 04:26:27 PM
1) The first time Kristi told me she loved me, I replied "And I love David Hasslehoff."
2) I once was barred for life from a bar, after it was robbed at at gunpoint, but not only was I too drunk to do anything about it, but I thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing.
3) Gene Simmons wishes he had a tongue as long as mine.

(The most remarkable discovery here is that you know Gene Simmons well enough to compare tongues, lol.)

I feel number one is true, though how you've since fathered a child after the kick in the bagpipes that answer would have gotten you is the real mystery here.

3 is the lie.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Sort of a trick question. One isn't quite true. It was actually Chuck Norris I said.

The only reason Gene Simmons has a longer tongue than me comes down to him having his sublingual frenulum cut. The difference is mine is all natural. Being able to lick your own eyebrows means you never need a good chat up line to pick up women.

Unless you have like amazingly long eyebrows.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

indianasmith

1.  I don't like corn on the cob.
2.  I have gotten to see both Presidents Bush in person.
3.  I have a scar on the small of my back from cutting myself when a jar fell in the tub and broke when I was a kid.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Quote from: indianasmith on September 28, 2017, 06:32:06 AM
3.  I have a scar on the small of my back from cutting myself when a jar fell in the tub and broke when I was a kid.

How about.............1!

ER

1. I sent a Ray Bradbury a letter telling him off for being a jerk on Fresh Air.

2. I collect Tarot card decks.

3. In 1986 my family held a funeral for a bottle of New Coke.

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on September 28, 2017, 11:37:54 AM

How about.............1!

Nope, that is true, I simply don't care for corn at all.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Quote from: indianasmith on September 29, 2017, 05:58:03 AM
Quote from: ER on September 28, 2017, 11:37:54 AM

How about.............1!

Nope, that is true, I simply don't care for corn at all.

Actually I knew you didn't like corn and even said to you that one time, "Lucky you weren't in the classic Mississippian culture since corn was the basis of their diet."

Then I went off into one of my infamous dissertations about how the retroactively-dubbed Cahokians ruined their soils by over-reliance on corn, destroying themselves and removing the one great chance for a mighty civilization arising in the pre-Columbian version of what is currently the dis-United States.

But my brain was on strike last night and I said number one thinking in some distracted way that's true, so say it's true. Ugh.

The lie, then is of course number two. While you met and talked to Bush II, Bush I is someone you merely admire from afar.

indianasmith

Nope, met them both! However, my back is scar free.

ER

My chagrin is boundless. Wait. Wait wait wait. Wait. I know how you met GWB, but....GHWB? Okay, either you've never told me that, I forgot it, or I am again in one of those new universes. Occam's razor suggests the likeliest explanation is this is a new universe. Hmm, wonder if Justin Beiber is still the Pope in this one?

Trevor

1. I am one of those people who knows that Africa is a continent, not a country.  :wink:
2. I have only one "rom-com" movie that I really like.
3. I loved the musical remake of Lost Horizon.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Um, 1. is a lie, you are very, very confused about that. ;-)

Trevor

Quote from: ER on October 19, 2017, 08:36:51 AM
Um, 1. is a lie, you are very, very confused about that. ;-)

Number 3 actually: friends of my family took me to see that POS when I was six: I hated it.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

1) I once discussed politics in her home country with a Moldovian stripper/lap dancer who was by this point wearing nothing more than a thong and who wanted me to go back to her place to have sex with her (and didn't take her up on her offer).

2) Given the choice I would rather watch the 80's movie of Flash Gordon than Star Wars: A New Hope.

3) I think the remake of The Wicker Man is superior to the original and that Nicholas Cage was very, nay criminally underrated for his performance in that movie.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

indianasmith

I'll call #3 the lie on that one.