Main Menu

No Karma?

Started by tracy, November 14, 2011, 04:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracy

I just tried to give "Ash" an applaud and it wouldn't let me.....anyone know why? :question:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

ulthar

Yes.  Ash (and some others) has requested that their karma function be disabled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius

Trevor

Quote from: ulthar on November 14, 2011, 05:16:47 PM
Yes.  Ash (and some others) has requested that their karma function be disabled.

So their karmas ran over their dogmas?  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

I am too much of an egotist every to deactivate my karma function.  I thrive on the applause of others.  :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

InformationGeek

Quote from: indianasmith on November 15, 2011, 07:54:04 AM
I thrive on the applause of others.

Same thing here.  I've been noticing you all haven't been getting me much karma points recently.  What must I do to please you people!?  What do you want from me?!  WELL?!  TELL ME!!!!!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

tracy

Quote from: ulthar on November 14, 2011, 05:16:47 PM
Ah,I see....okay. Well,I'll applaud Ash in my mind. :wink:

Ash

I used to be a big supporter of the karma system but not anymore.  I remember way back in the day when there was no karma system here.  Jeez, that was a long time ago!  2003 I think.  As far as I know Andrew, RC and myself are the only ones with karma disabled.
What were you going to applaud me for?

tracy

Quote from: Ash on November 23, 2011, 08:51:03 AM
I used to be a big supporter of the karma system but not anymore.  I remember way back in the day when there was no karma system here.  Jeez, that was a long time ago!  2003 I think.  As far as I know Andrew, RC and myself are the only ones with karma disabled.
I'll have to remember....tragic memory,you know. But you were hilarious. :wink:

claws

As far as I know Andrew, RC and myself are the only ones with karma disabled.

Add me to the list.

I know the intentions are good but I never felt comfortable receiving or giving karma (though I gave a spammer negative karma not too long ago). No matter how you twist and turn it, it reminds me of a popularity contest.
We had a similar feature at my other forum some years ago but it was disabled because it actually caused forum drama. Doesn't seem to be the case here though.

ulthar

Probably saying something negative about me....

(which you've been known to do...)

:bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

:teddyr: :teddyr: :teddyr: :teddyr:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius