Main Menu

When did you join the BAD MOVIES forum? And why?

Started by RCMerchant, April 14, 2012, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dean

Aw man thats a tough one since the 'change' but I think it was sometime in the early 2000s.  If I'm right in my guesstimate I'd say I discovered this place my first year out of school in 2003.  I think I was searching for movie wav files and it spitballed from there...

I remember getting home from work/uni and as it was my homepage it would be my first port of call whenever I logged online.  It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years, and as much as I don't hop on enough [or probably discuss movies enough] I can't excise this place from my internet obsessions.

This forum is also pretty much the only one I visit.

Fantastic place all round!   :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Menard

Quote from: dean on April 15, 2012, 08:22:27 AM
It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years...

As well ours reading it...Gigli lover. :twirl:

Menard

Quote from: ulthar on April 14, 2012, 11:56:55 PM
Quote from: Menard on April 14, 2012, 11:50:51 PM

I'm surprised the date I joined is not inscribed on a plaque of lament. :teddyr:

We are blocking it out.

:bouncegiggle:

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 15, 2012, 02:14:44 AM
Me and Menard both got stuff blocked out this weekend!
I'm so proud.
Not really.  :bluesad:

He meant it humorously saying that they are mentally blocking out the memory of me joining the forum. :wink: :teddyr:

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Menard on April 14, 2012, 11:50:51 PM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 14, 2012, 11:21:55 PM
I joined April 2007.  Menard directed some of the SciFilmers over here when that forum shut down. 

Why do I keep getting blamed for this? :tongueout:...
Because I love you even more than you love me:teddyr:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

JaseSF

I joined January 2007 but really only started being a regular after Gerry shut down the scifilm.org forum (yeah I'm another former Scifilmer) although I lurked on here long before that and was reading Andrew's reviews as far back as 1999. Menard was a semi-regular at scifilm back in the day too and I recall a few other badmovies regulars over there including Andrew, Trekgeezer and BoyScoutKevin. Yeah I checked out this site at Menard's suggestion (and he's basically made fun off of many of my posts ever since I think) after trying a few other sites as well including Sinster Cinema's board and the CHFB but they didn't feel quite right to me. I'm still a regular on and off at the Wormboard too but that place is sadly quiet for the most part. This place seemed to fit with me just wanting to relax and have more fun posting online. I used to be pretty serious once upon a time I guess. Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Allhallowsday

Quote from: JaseSF on April 15, 2012, 04:11:47 PM
... Yeah I checked out this site at Menard's suggestion (and he's basically made fun off of many of my posts ever since I think)
I'm sure you're right.   

...Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
I can assure you have not gotten anymore stupid.   :thumbup: :smile:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Menard

Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 16, 2012, 01:01:27 AM

...Truth be told, my memory is also not what it was and I have a job nowadays to recall as many details about what I've watched in the past unless it's fresh or maybe I've just gotten more stupid, I don't know.
I can assure you have not gotten anymore stupid.   :thumbup: :smile:

That's right, Jase...you're just as stupid now as you were then. :tongueout:

:wink:

dean

Quote from: Menard on April 15, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: dean on April 15, 2012, 08:22:27 AM
It curls my toes thinking of some of the stupid stuff I've said/posted over the years...

As well ours reading it...Gigli lover. :twirl:

Oh shut it you  :tongueout:
------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Flangepart

Oh, wow...
It was in 04, methinks. Found it on the
The Bad Movie Report. From there I discovered Andrew and ken. And I've been entertained ever since! :thumbup:
"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"

andrehny

I joined Bad Movies today.
I'm an old visitor, always impressed with the movies that you guys rescues from the bottle of the trunk, but never joined before for some reasons:
1) i'm a f**king brazilian, with poor english skills
2) i'm f**king lazy (or just a very busy guy with no time at all)
3) i think the first two are enough

but, here I am, a bad movie lover trying to make some freak friends around the world.
You'll need a little patience with me... sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. :lookingup:

cheers

Newt

Quote from: andrehny on April 16, 2012, 08:58:16 AMYou'll need a little patience with me... sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. :lookingup:

You should know that is not a problem here.    :wink:  Welcome!
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

andrehny

Quote from: Newt on April 16, 2012, 09:05:25 AM
Quote from: andrehny on April 16, 2012, 08:58:16 AMYou'll need a little patience with me... sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. :lookingup:

You should know that is not a problem here.    :wink:  Welcome!

This is great.

I'm feeling at home  :drink:

Menard

Quote from: andrehny on April 16, 2012, 08:58:16 AM
...sometimes i can sound f**king illiterate. :lookingup:

That's okay...that hasn't stopped anybody else from posting here. :teddyr:

tracy

I joined back in September 2011 at the urging of my husband,Alan Hopewell. He knew that I was a big fan of bad movies and thought this would be a great place to hang out. He was right! I've been on a good number of message boards and this one is fun and active....and people remain civil and quite friendly. Plus it's nice to talk to folks with such a genuine affection for "bad cinema". :wink:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

alandhopewell

Quote from: tracy1963 on April 16, 2012, 01:41:40 PM
I joined back in September 2011 at the urging of my husband,Alan Hopewell. He knew that I was a big fan of bad movies and thought this would be a great place to hang out. He was right! I've been on a good number of message boards and this one is fun and active....and people remain civil and quite friendly. Plus it's nice to talk to folks with such a genuine affection for "bad cinema". :wink:

Back in '10, I Googled "bad movies" and got this address. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself since, with movies, but also with the stimulating conversation / debate that goes on.

Tracy, Frank81 and I used to belong to another board, which I won't dignify by naming. After a while, what had been discussions became, from a lot of the folks, whining, finger-pointing, and PC nonsense; on top of that, the site was given over to a schmuck who seemed to delight in alienating everyone who didn't genuflect whenever his shadow fell over cyberspace.

I dig this place, and the folks therein.
If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.