Main Menu

New Mexico Court Strikes Down First Amendment Rights

Started by Nakuyabi, June 07, 2012, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakuyabi

Quote from: Allhallowsday on June 09, 2012, 07:40:56 PMTypical.  No argument at all; just smoke.  :lookingup:

Speak for yourself:

Quote from: Allhallowsday on June 08, 2012, 12:11:27 PMWhy even post this sh!t?

This, apparently, is an argument, as opposed to blowing smoke.

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 10, 2012, 08:50:24 AMPolitical discussions are currently tolerated on this board so long as they remain civil and friendly. However, they're not really a part of the culture here. There are plenty of venues on the web where you can discuss these issues as forcefully as you want. Here we prefer to focus on bad movies. The harder you try to push a partisan position here, the more people will instinctively resist you.

Based on the political topics I regularly see posted in this news section, I strongly doubt that.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Nakuyabi on June 10, 2012, 10:50:03 AM

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 10, 2012, 08:50:24 AMPolitical discussions are currently tolerated on this board so long as they remain civil and friendly. However, they're not really a part of the culture here. There are plenty of venues on the web where you can discuss these issues as forcefully as you want. Here we prefer to focus on bad movies. The harder you try to push a partisan position here, the more people will instinctively resist you.

Based on the political topics I regularly see posted in this news section, I strongly doubt that.

Take my advice or don't.  I think your recent threads perfectly illustrate my statement that "the harder you try to push a partisan position here, the more people will instinctively resist you."

It's a simple fact of human psychology that the more confrontational you are, the less persuasive you become.

You should study the way Indy conducts himself. He's always a gentleman. People who strongly oppose his positions still consider him a friend. They are more willing to listen to what he has to say and consider it.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

indianasmith

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Andrew

Thread closed.  This is not a political discussion forum.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org