Main Menu

Mitt Romney’s California neighbors are not exactly his biggest fans

Started by Allhallowsday, June 07, 2012, 02:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Nakuyabi on June 09, 2012, 05:29:57 PM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on June 09, 2012, 04:02:33 PMHand waving!  Hand waving!   It's a matter of opinion if Yahoo news, or the New York Times, or the New York Post, or Fox News, etc., are leftist or rightist, but they are mainstream.  The "disdain" I was referring to from you was towards the news outlet.  So you disdain me?  I'll keep it in mind.   When losing a debate you get personal.  You're not too astute a reader, though, hmm? 
BTW, it's not my place to advise you may not post your blog entries, Sweet Potato.   :thumbup: :wink:

Who's losing the debate? You can't prove there's anything wrong with the articles I posted, so you pound the table, appeal to authority (how "mainstream" something is) to bash my sources, and appeal to consensus. (Is akiratubo on board with you about that whole "not my place to advise" thing?) It's always easier, not to mention more concise, to attack a source rather than its contents, but that doesn't make its contents any less true or the source any less valid.

Of course, just because the source has a known bias doesn't mean the article isn't true. If Mitt Romney moved into a "progressive" (i.e. far-left) neighborhood, I imagine his neighbors probably do despise him just as much as the article says. It's still pretty pathetic to go pointing up such small potatoes (ha!) to people as if it meant anything, though. If the story were "Romney sued his neighbors for refusing to attend his Mormon wedding and won" or "Romney's getting reporters sent to prison for hate crimes because combing through his church's records is considered discriminatory against Mormons" or (especially) "Romney jokes about unleashing the IRS against all of his political enemies if elected" then it might actually be a story.

What this fluff really tells me is that Romney's detractors are already running out of ideas, and it's not even July yet. I don't even like the guy very much; he always struck me as a bit of a squish. If this is the worst anyone can find to say about him, though, maybe he's not such a loser after all.
snicker
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Criswell

Glad we have a good down to earth candidate running for office. Car Elevators for all Americans!!! :thumbup:

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Nakuyabi

Quote from: RCMerchant on June 10, 2012, 09:21:35 AM"bit of a squish". What's a "squish"? Enlighten me.

a.k.a. A pudding, a softy, a wimp, etc. In this context, often more euphemistically referred to as a "moderate" or bipartisan, particularly when caving in to an opponent's demands. See also: RINO.

Andrew

Thread closed.  This is not a political discussion forum.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org