Main Menu

Top 100 arcade games of all time!

Started by retrorussell, February 26, 2013, 06:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrorussell

85. SCRAMBLE (1981, Konami/Stern)
Early influential scrolling shooter.  Shoot airborne targets and bomb ground enemies rising up underneath you as you fly through various stages.  Super Cobra, its sequel (or maybe not a sequel, but feels like one) is very similar.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Ed, Ego and Superego

86. Omega Race
Sort of like Asteroids, but with interesting force field effects:

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Jack

87)  Hasn't anybody mentioned Frogger yet?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

retrorussell

88. Circus Charlie (Konami, 1984)
Great game where you try to successfully guide a clown through numerous circus events (fire hoop jump, trampolines, trapeeze, ball balancing, horseback, high wire).
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

lester1/2jr

Jack- what's that?   :bouncegiggle:

89. Tales of Arabian Nights (pinball)

I won this twice art Cambridgeport Saloon near MIT. I'm better than all the students there for that

retrorussell

90. FATAL FURY SPECIAL
Fun Street Fighter II knockoff where almost all the great fighters from the first couple FF games return, along with playable bosses and an opportunity to play and/or use a special fighter (Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting).

Trevor

91: PINBALL ACTION

One of the most simple looking yet hugely challenging games I have ever played.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

major jay

Ed, Ego and Superego

There was a pinball-esque game where you use top-mounted handles to fire lots and lots of pinballs/ball bearings at targets in the cabinet.  I loved that game.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

retrorussell

Quote from: Ed, Ego and Superego on March 13, 2013, 01:48:56 PM
There was a pinball-esque game where you use top-mounted handles to fire lots and lots of pinballs/ball bearings at targets in the cabinet.  I loved that game.
Are you thinking of Pachinko?

Ed, Ego and Superego

Quote from: retrorussell on March 13, 2013, 02:09:28 PM
Quote from: Ed, Ego and Superego on March 13, 2013, 01:48:56 PM
Are you thinking of Pachinko?
Pachinko's Space age cousin.  It was like a physical version of Space invaders, you shot balls at targets.  It was a pinball chassis, with two joystick controllers on top to fire the cannon.

ChaosTheory

93.) XEVIOUS

94.) TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me

Leah

I take the blame for starting specific pinball machines in slots.

95. Skeeball.

One of the most annoying parts is that the 10,000 hole is too small, I had one in and the ball refused to get in it. IT WAS IN THE DAMN HOLE, AND WASN'T ABLE TO GO IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah no.

lester1/2jr

chaos- That was a cool pinball game.

96. Crystal Castles

anyone who plays roller games with their foot is a baddy!

retrorussell

97. ASTRO BLASTER (1981, Gremlin/SEGA)
Awesome speech synthesis in this classic space shooter with a multitude of different enemies, an option to slow down time, special bonuses, and more!
"Fighter pilots needed in sector wars!  Play Astro Blaster!"