Main Menu

COVID-19 Humor

Started by The Burgomaster, March 09, 2020, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Burgomaster

The radio station I listen to in the morning played a song today called "Covid-19" (sung to the tune of "Come on Eileen"). I only heard a few seconds of it, but I thought it was funny. Is it wrong to enjoy humor based on a virus?
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Alex

Using humour as a way to deal with situations like this isn't unusual, or even unhealthy. You should hear some of the jokes made by people who work in the emergency services or military as a coping mechanism.

It all comes down to personal taste after that.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

indianasmith

Seen on social media: "As an Asian-American with a cold, I've never felt so empowered!"
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

I remember the Black Death, wandering around Paris with Oscar Wilde and Joan Rivers in the 1340s while the corpses piled up, people were screaming in their houses "Save moi! Save moi!" and it was so annoying to be in Paris and not find a single good cafe open during this s**tstorm, so what could we do but head back to the time machine without our snails and baguettes, right?

Well Oscar, who had low blood sugar, he turns to Joan and says, "Joannie, dahling, have you a dollar for the vending machine so I can snag some yummy SnackWells?"

And Joan said, "Oscar, how can you think of eating while people are dying all around you?"

To which Oscar replied, "Fvck you, you stretch-faced old drag queen in female form."

And Joan kicked him in the balls.

I guess you had to be there but it was hilarious.

Annieway, long story short, oh yeah, for sure you have to laugh in the face of other people's suffering.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

LilCerberus

"Wash your hands like you've got a club stamp you really don't want your mother to see!"
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Rev. Powell

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the punchline, "I swear she said she was COVID-19!"
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Bushma

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?

chefzombie

Quote from: The Burgomaster on March 09, 2020, 11:57:46 AM
The radio station I listen to in the morning played a song today called "Covid-19" (sung to the tune of "Come on Eileen"). I only heard a few seconds of it, but I thought it was funny. Is it wrong to enjoy humor based on a virus?
yes. i could die if i contract this and  it's likely i would. my husband couldn't live through losing me, he'd be alone with very few people to get him through it. so i self quarantine instead. sorry if i'm bringing you down, but that's my reality. :thumbdown:
don't EVEN...EVER!

ER

Quote from: The Burgomaster on March 09, 2020, 11:57:46 AM

I vote, no, laugh away!

Throughout time people have always laughed at calamity, and thereby made it feel manageable. One of the ills of the era is people are forgetting how to laugh, they're becoming afraid of comedy, or satire and parody, becoming oh-so-uptight serious, like Puritans. Laugh in the face of problems and fears and you give yourself a tiny vacation from them.

"Besides that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

ER

One I heard today: The coronavirus won't last long....it was made in China after all.

Alex

Being around aircraft a lot I guess it was natural that the first one I heard was "Whats the difference between Coronavirus and a 747 Max?" "Coronavirus is airborne."

chefzombie

sweet butthead, it's a 737, not 747. i'm from boeing's original home, i know the model names all too well, lol!  :cheers:
don't EVEN...EVER!

Alex

Alex

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...