Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on May 06, 2023, 01:20:59 PM
Someday it'll all be gone. Loch Ness, White Castles, Elvis, rubber balls, teachable moments, T-rex fossils, oak trees, the moon, soft woolen socks, camels, Mount Rushmore.

But the pyramids will still be here.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Quote from: indianasmith on May 16, 2023, 09:28:22 PM
Someday it'll all be gone. Loch Ness, White Castles, Elvis, rubber balls, teachable moments, T-rex fossils, oak trees, the moon, soft woolen socks, camels, Mount Rushmore.

But the pyramids will still be here.

But not always.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Like the the Sioux say- nothing lasts forever except the mountains and the sky.
Oh yeah- I'm pretty sure the moon will still be around. Not for us to see- we'll all be dead.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

When you consider how long the universe has been around and how short a time our species has existed, we really are just a speck of dust. If we were wiped out tomorrow, give it 6 million years, the only trace of our civilisation left would be a thin layer in the dirt trapped between other layers. Funny how some people think we are the most important thing in existence when you look at us beside the size of the universe and how long it has been here we are actually really insignificant despite our vainglorious self-importance.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on May 17, 2023, 03:17:13 PM

Like the the Sioux say- nothing lasts forever except the mountains and the sky.
Oh yeah- I'm pretty sure the moon will still be around. Not for us to see- we'll all be dead.

Even those will be swallowed by the sun one day.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Well, the sun will still be here- of course, unless it goes supernova.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

Trying to watch the new Hellraiser film, but the noise of aircraft taking off are not making it easy to pay attention to.

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on May 17, 2023, 08:34:28 PM
^ I think those may disinagrate at any moment.

😄😄😄😄 I needed that laugh today thanks 😄😄😄😄
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

chefzombie

the doom and gloom i just read can't work for me right now. i'll skip this thread for awhile. 
don't EVEN...EVER!

ER

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed. Change is the one constant. A paradox. Someday the atoms inside your bones will redden the hair of a person a thousand years from now, or become a drop of water on a moon that doesn't even exist yet. We own nothing. We're ancient, and are "made of star stuff. "
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

The moon slowly gets further and further away from the earth. One day, it will escape its gravitational pull and spin off into the universe. Perhaps it will smash into one of the other planets on its way out of the solar system and be destroyed. Millions of years ago, when the moon was much closer to the earth, there must have been some absolutely spectacular moon-rises with an enormous seeming moon coming up over the horizon (not to mention higher tides. Best not to watch it from the shore I guess) with no one around to see the sight or appreciate it.

LilCerberus

I think Clair Cameron Patterson believed that everything would eventually turn into lead...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3410940/
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.