Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilCerberus

Quote from: ER on January 17, 2023, 02:37:15 PM
Yeah, I like reading obituaries, too, LC. (It's the only place where people almost always say nice things about each other.)
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Likewise to you, ER!
You're one of the bright spots on this old forum.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

A pleasant afternoon to all! I will now go watch it snow and do my best to avoid hearing about football for the day.

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

ER

OK, a month into my "job" I am forming the opinion that WASP-ish Methodists simply do not get Irish Catholics when it comes to things like binge drinking at funerals feeble attempts at wit. For instance these two older women there helping me sort out boxes of creamed corn were picking on Richard Simmons, saying he had turned into Howard Hughes and was living reclusively in his house, and after them bashing the poor man on and on, I suggested: "Jeesh, Richard Simmons spent his career helping countless people fight their obesity, while at the same time doing more than anyone in the world to keep hot pants relevant post-1970s, he deserves a quiet retirement."

They looked at each other in a way that told me they thought I was mentally deficient and kind of smiled and nodded before fleeing to where the crates of donated apple sauce were stored.

I felt so lonely.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

Quote from: RCMerchant on January 23, 2023, 01:33:08 PM
I been missing my Ma a lot lately.

Missing someone we love and will never stop loving is one of the worst things in life. I can say I have experienced that pain as someone who felt death was the end of existence, and as someone who has hope that it is possible I might one day again see the ones I've lost, and of those two ways of thinking, the second is far better, even if it is ultimately a delusion. If you could find some way to foster hope of being with her again, it might make things better.

LilCerberus

ER

Ever held a lighter to a bar of soap? What you expect to happen probably won't match reality.

LilCerberus

LilCerberus

Glancing over a map, I discovered that this state has TWO towns named Mechanicsville...

ER

I had a sublingual massage today and it ranks among the most painful experiences of my life. Brazilian waxes, blood drawings, ear piercings, minor surgery without local anesthesia, and even donating bone marrow in 2001 all hurt less.

LilCerberus

Schoolhouse Rock tribute on ABC tonight...

I wonder if I'll be able to sit through it....