Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indianasmith

"Pelosi taking over for Harris"???

HAVE YOU NEVER READ THE CONSTITUTION?

The ONLY way the Speaker of the House succeeds to the Presidency is if the VP and President both die, or get removed from office, SIMULTANEOUSLY.  The Speaker would NEVER succeed to the Vice Presidency.  If the VP dies, resigns, or is removed, the President appoints a new VP who has to be approved by both houses of Congress.  If the VP succeeds to the Presidency, his first job is to appoint a new VP (as Ford did with Nelson Rockefeller).  The Speaker plays no role in that selection.

And besides, no Speaker of the House would ever give up that incredibly powerful role for the powerless and thankless job of Vice President.  The Speaker makes and shapes policy every day, the VP only does those things that the President assigns him to do.  Other than that, his or her constitutional functions are to preside over the Senate and cast the tie breaking vote.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

LilCerberus

^Something they didn't teach us in civics class...^
^Thank you, that's very enlightening.^
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Zapranoth

The title of this thread is..... "Random statements about something nobody cares about..."

It doesn't say, as far as I can tell, "Let's start another divisive, board-killing political thread."

Zapranoth

LilCerberus

Quote from: Zapranoth on February 22, 2021, 11:42:03 PM
The title of this thread is..... "Random statements about something nobody cares about..."

It doesn't say, as far as I can tell, "Let's start another divisive, board-killing political thread."

Well, the reason I posted it here was because I assumed nobody would care...... :smile:
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

indianasmith

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Alex

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

LilCerberus

The Commonwealth Of Virginia will legalize marihuana...........................

....................................................................In January, 2024!

GOOGLE it!

Rev. Powell

Quote from: LilCerberus on February 28, 2021, 07:17:10 PM

....................................................................In January, 2024!

GOOGLE it!

I'd rather smoke it, but whatever works for you, man.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Leah

GOOGLE it!
Are you for it? Against it?
yeah no.

LilCerberus

Quote from: El Misfit on February 28, 2021, 09:48:47 PM

GOOGLE it!
Are you for it? Against it?

I've never really been convinced it should be illegal, even as a kid, even as a radical right winger.....

But, 2024? REALLY??????

Irony being, It's actually been legal in Virginia since 1970, but like most laws pushed through by the people & not the government, it was paid lip service & quickly forgotten...........