Main Menu

Random Statements About Something NOBODY Cares About, the resurrection

Started by LilCerberus, June 30, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilCerberus

^Actually, I was, and that's the last I'm going to say... As I said before, this has gotten way too predictable.^
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: LilCerberus on June 20, 2021, 11:36:30 AM
Quote from: LilCerberus on June 20, 2021, 11:31:10 AM
Okay!  Juneteenth is over!
Today we celebrate the acquittal of Lizzie Borden, the murder of Bugsy Siegel, and the release of Jaws.....
Oh!  On this day in African American history, Muhammad Ali was convicted of violating selective service laws....
Yeh!  Honorarium!
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

RCMerchant

I just heard that the corpse of Winston Churchill rose from the grave and a TV reporter asked him if their was life after death. He said "No".

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

LilCerberus

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

LilCerberus

Bill Cosby just got out of prison on some really unusual sounding technicality.....

Allhallowsday

Rev. Powell

Quote from: LilCerberus on June 30, 2021, 12:52:22 PM
Bill Cosby just got out of prison on some really unusual sounding technicality.....

I was curious why it was overturned, too.

Skimming the decision, it appears that one DA offered Cosby immunity from criminal prosecution if he would testify at civil trial. He accepted the deal. Then she retired, and a future DA not only brought criminal charges against Cosby, but used his civil testimony against him. It's pretty damn likely he never would have testified in the first place if they hadn't promised not to bring charges.

Not a fan of Cosby (and he does "deserve" prison, in the moral sense), but this reasoning for overturning the conviction isn't clearly a miscarriage of justice. (It was close, basically a 4-3 decision.)
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on June 30, 2021, 02:30:52 PM
Quote from: LilCerberus on June 30, 2021, 12:52:22 PM
...Skimming the decision, it appears that one DA offered Cosby immunity from criminal prosecution if he would testify at civil trial. He accepted the deal. Then she retired, and a future DA not only brought criminal charges against Cosby, but used his civil testimony against him. It's pretty damn likely he never would have testified in the first place if they hadn't promised not to bring charges.
Not a fan of Cosby (and he does "deserve" prison, in the moral sense), but this reasoning for overturning the conviction isn't clearly a miscarriage of justice. (It was close, basically a 4-3 decision.)

The problem of course is the use of the term "miscarriage of justice".  I am reminded of everyone "knowing" OJsimpson was guilty, yet he was acquitted...

The fact that cosby has been released on a "technicality" can seem a miscarriage of justice, but in fact is merely a correction.

The fact that the specific crime was tried and the perpetrator convicted of the crime, jailed and freed, is the miscarriage of justice.  Freed or incarcerated; either way is a miscarriage of justice. 

Nonetheless cosby's reputation is trash. 

LilCerberus

Oh, and I just found out Allison Mack was convicted of doing whatever it was she was doing for that sex cult leader....

LilCerberus

As of today, it's legal to possess an ounce of weed in the commonwealth of Virginia, albeit, the laws having to do with use, sales, & growing, etc. are still a bit convoluted..........

lester1/2jr

cereberus- Nicki Clyne is trying to create a post NXIVM persona as this woman who "doesn't see herself as a victim" and its just sad. She may never come to terms with the whole sordidness of what happened

Rev. Powell

I just found out Nicolas Cage is married. Googling his wife's name provided this interesting tidbit:

How old is Riko Shibata?
227 Years
Nicolas's age is approx 56 years and also married for the fourth time. Recently Riko made the media news headlines, where both are announced their wedding date.
Riko Shibata Wiki, Husband, Bio, Parents, Net Worth, Nicolas Cage Wife.
Real Name   Riko Shibata
Age   227 Years
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 02, 2021, 09:42:45 AM
I just found out Nicolas Cage is married. Googling his wife's name provided this interesting tidbit:

How old is Riko Shibata?
227 Years
Nicolas's age is approx 56 years and also married for the fourth time. Recently Riko made the media news headlines, where both are announced their wedding date.
Riko Shibata Wiki, Husband, Bio, Parents, Net Worth, Nicolas Cage Wife.
Real Name   Riko Shibata
Age   227 Years

227 years is fine, so long as she doesn't come with any bees  :wink:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!