Main Menu

ASK ME ANYTHING

Started by RCMerchant, March 20, 2021, 02:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

It's recommended by 100-percent of beef cows.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: indianasmith on March 24, 2021, 09:49:36 PM
What is the appeal of vegetarianism? ...

The appeal is to end the suffering of sentient beings.  Though not original to Christianity, kindness to animals has long been rooted in charity of the faithful.  The faithless are often animal rights activists also.  Stop thinking about our own pleasure and it may become clear.  Consumption of meat is certainly primordial and opens the door of evolution.   
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

indianasmith

Quote from: Allhallowsday on March 24, 2021, 10:18:30 PM

The appeal is to end the suffering of sentient beings.  Though not original to Christianity, kindness to animals has long been rooted in charity of the faithful.  The faithless are often animal rights activists also.  Stop thinking about our own pleasure and it may become clear.  Consumption of meat is certainly primordial and opens the door of evolution.   
\

I have a hard time thinking of cows as sentient . . . or fish, or shrimp, for that matter.
I think of them as delicious.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Alex

Quote from: ER on March 24, 2021, 01:53:04 PM
Alex, what would it take to get you to retire in America?

1) Kristi would have to want to move back to the US.
2) I'd have to have secure access to healthcare.
3) Stop lunatics being able to buy guns.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Trevor

Quote from: bob on March 24, 2021, 05:49:02 PM
Anyone, what's the most you ever paid for a movie? This includes everything from VHS to blu-rays.

ZARand 250 (about  $25) for a DVD of House of the Long Shadows.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Indy, if God made you a deal, you'd find the best Clovis point ever discovered, but you had to become a vegan for a year, what would your answer be?

ER

Trevor, if God said you could time travel back to the 1980s at will and be pals with Princess Diana and Joan Collins, but you had to wear clean underwear every day for the rest of your life, would you do it?

Allhallowsday

Quote from: indianasmith on March 25, 2021, 06:09:52 AM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on March 24, 2021, 10:18:30 PM
I have a hard time thinking of cows as sentient . . . or fish, or shrimp, for that matter.
I think of them as delicious.

That is an arrogant response, and why you fail to understand.  The sentience of animals is debatable, but I would not compare fish or shrimp to a mammal.   :bluesad: 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

pacman000

Is it wrong that I find that response kinda arrogant & without understanding? I mean, fish & shrimp have nerve endings & brains; they react to stimuli; they are certainly aware of sensations & feelings!

Shoot, plants may even have feelings, tho the exact mechanisms they use may be alien to us.

ER

Well there you have it, the fact we need to eat proves the cruelty of God. You know in the Talmud it does say that it is a sin for man to aspire to be greater than G-d, and since G-d takes life, so must man.

pacman000

Pretty cow.

Moving forward...

To anyone: Why did Pokémon outlast Monster Rancher & Digimon?

ER

Quote from: pacman000 on March 25, 2021, 03:18:43 PM
Pretty cow.

Moving forward...

To anyone: Why did Pokémon outlast Monster Rancher & Digimon?

Honestly, pac, I think it was marketed better, but mostly it comes down to the x-factor of luck.

ER

What's the weirdest thing you guys ever wore?

RCMerchant

I guess being arrested while wearing a Charlie Manson T shirt .
(it had a picture of Charlie, it was glow in the dark, and said "Is it hot in here or am I crazy?")
I went home on bail and drank a pint of whiskey in the car on the way to court. And then I realized- I'm wearing the same f**king shirt again.
In court. While drunk. I went to jail for 30 days. I beat up a garbage can that was hanging on a light post in front of a bar.  I had no money saved up. I walked out wearing handcuffs. Ended up wearin Van Buern County greens. But I got back! When they cut me loose and told me to go in the shower room and put on my street clothes- I stole a pair of green jail pants buy putting my shop pants on over them. I stole from the cops on the day they let me out of jail!  :bouncegiggle:

So I did 30 days. Good thing I had paid the rent!  :thumbup:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant