Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I could tell England hadn't won their football game last night since as soon as I turned on the news this morning it wasn't mentioned endlessly.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on September 27, 2022, 01:46:58 AM
I could tell England hadn't won their football game last night since as soon as I turned on the news this morning it wasn't mentioned endlessly.

3 all draw with Germany.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Quote from: Alex on September 27, 2022, 01:45:14 AM
Quote from: ER on September 26, 2022, 05:37:55 PM
Is it possible to be both monogamous and slutty? Maybe I should make that into a poll question.

You have sex with one person a lot, or have sex with lots of people but only ever one at a time?
There you go, in your arrogant face, monogamy!
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

LilCerberus

Quote from: ER on September 27, 2022, 06:56:13 AM
Quote from: Alex on September 27, 2022, 01:45:14 AM
Quote from: ER on September 26, 2022, 05:37:55 PM
Is it possible to be both monogamous and slutty? Maybe I should make that into a poll question.

You have sex with one person a lot, or have sex with lots of people but only ever one at a time?
There you go, in your arrogant face, monogamy!

"When I was young, every night I slept with a strange girl,
And when I was young, every night I slept with the same girl,
But she was strange."
- I forget the comedian's name......
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

ER

Cucumber flowers make a nice edible garnish. They're pretty and yellow and taste faintly of cucumber.

ER

The deeper I think about it, the more Dead Poet's Society feels like fluff.

ER

Alex

In my spam mail inbox there was a email from some dating thing telling me someone called Sadie had sent me 4770 messages and was waiting for me to reply. I wonder what kind of dating agency this would be, I mean is there one for signing up for a crazed stalker?

Decided to leave it in my spam folder and not click the link to find out.

ER

As we filled in the hole this morning before the sun appeared and nullified that wet terrible sort of cold that no jacket keeps from reaching your skin, I came in inspired to begin a story, the first long one I've written in a while, having felt motivated to keep things short for the last couple years, and as I made ready to write, I kept getting interrupted by a nagging in my mind til finally I grasped it was the realization that my life could be narrated by a series of fortune cookie messages.

"Being on time does not punish your mother."
"No cooler are you for never having watched Friends."
"Don't beleaguer them for thirty years telling about when you sneaked up and laid down in some unmade bed in a stranger's empty room."
"Within the brown M&M lies the bite to your tongue that will send five-year-old you into a pain-dance."
"If you're going to give in to society's pressures, at least spare yourself guilt."
"Make your secret codes worth reading."
"You'll never figure out why the man was weeping over a 19th century grave, so move on."
"Yes, you should have, but be proud you didn't."
"Even Socrates believed there were limits to an examined life."

Alex

My favourite quote of the week comes from a Tory MP who, after the devastation in the UK economy wrought by Liz Truss's mini-budget described the party as having been "Trussterf**ked".

I wonder if someone could do a rework of AC/DC's Thunderstruck for that?

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Alex

Hmm, in power less than a month and the new prime minister is already having to make a U-turn on its budget. I wonder if she'll have to sacrifice her Chancellor in order to try and shore up her own position?

Alex

What would you call a sequel to Halloween 3? Halloween 3 II doesn't seem quite right. Maybe Season of the Witch 2.

ER

What would you do if you were serving on a parole board, and were soon to hear the plea for release of a notorious mobster, but shortly before the hearing you were ominously told by a member of his family that if you didn't let this mobster free you would soon be in a universe of long-lasting pain, but then almost immediately after, you were also clandestinely approached by another sinister individual from a rival family and told that if you did let him out of prison you were in for serious if not fatal physical problems? What would you do?