Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on October 06, 2022, 06:24:33 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 06, 2022, 03:47:46 AM
Quote from: indianasmith on October 05, 2022, 10:30:48 PM
I imagine he will go to great lengths to try and make restitution to the family.  i sure hope so, anyway.

I would also hope so but I don't know.  :question:

I did hear that the family had received an out-of-court settlement. These amounts are generally kept private though. The family spokesman (I think it was her father) also said that no one in the family blamed anyone for it, viewing it more as a tragic accident. That might be part of the settlement, or it could just be how they genuinely feel.

The BBC had this to say:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63149155

I think you all know me well enough to know exactly what I would do if a member of my family suffered this or a similar fate.  :hatred:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

LilCerberus

This one speaks a little more about the criminal investigation.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-mexico-prosecutor-responds-rust-settlement?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20221006SponsoredTrending-RevelationMedia&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

From the sound of things, Baldwin was trying to make a B grade movie with an A list crew on a D grade budget...
And he should've kept his craw shut & not do those interviews...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Rev. Powell

Maybe Baldwin should bear some responsibility, but what about the person or persons on set whose specific job it was to make sure that prop weapons were safe and unloaded? If anyone deserves to be punished it's them.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 06, 2022, 11:50:04 AM
Maybe Baldwin should bear some responsibility, but what about the person or persons on set whose specific job it was to make sure that prop weapons were safe and unloaded? If anyone deserves to be punished it's them.

Most of the crew walked of the job that day, causing a big stressor for those who stayed....
Among the many reasons they quit, was a complete lack of safety meetings....
And the gun passed though three different people's hands that day, all of whom were supposed to check it for ammo, including Baldwin... John Schneider posted a couple of videos about this.
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 06, 2022, 11:50:04 AM

My thoughts exactly: the moron propmaster who handed Michael Massee the prop gun which killed Brandon Lee should have also been blamed.

ER

Once when I was twenty I decided to see how far I could run before I got so exhausted I fell over. I took off and about twenty yards later tripped and skidded on my palms, looked down at the pavement and saw bits of skin grated off and thought, OK, that far.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

ER

I think defensive murder holes should be an indispensable inclusion in the design of any two-story residential structure.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Was just watching the news and saw a BBC reporter follow a missile as it flew overhead, and then have to run for cover. He is now broadcasting from a bunker.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

LilCerberus

I wonder if caterpillars ever finish spinning their cocoons, & then find themselves thinking about how they should've gone to the bathroom first.....

Alex

The airspeed velocity of a European swallow is 20.1 mph (unladen).
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

Tired mayo on a hot dog the other day. Not bad at all, better than ketchup, for sure. Still, I think I'll stick with mustard as my go-to.

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 16, 2022, 01:13:35 PM
Tired mayo on a hot dog the other day.

I think mayo that has had a good rest would be tastier, Rev  :wink:

LilCerberus

I love mayo, but it doesn't love me back.....
Try a hot dog with marinara sauce sometime.....

Rev. Powell

Quote from: LilCerberus on October 16, 2022, 01:46:02 PM
I love mayo, but it doesn't love me back.....
Try a hot dog with marinara sauce sometime.....

Salsa is good too.

Morpheus, the unwoke.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?" ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.