Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Well, I was on the verge of leaving to section hike the Arizona Trail with my college roommate's brother and his family, but my father in law is very sick, dying, frankly, and I can't in good conscience go now. Some things just don't seem meant to be. Lot of sadness and loss in my family this year.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Quote from: ER on April 21, 2023, 07:47:50 PM
Well, I was on the verge of leaving to section hike the Arizona Trail with my college roommate's brother and his family, but my father in law is very sick, dying, frankly, and I can't in good conscience go now. Some things just don't seem meant to be. Lot of sadness and loss in my family this year.

Sorry to hear that, I know you were looking forward to the trip.  And sorry to hear about your husband's Dad.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on April 21, 2023, 07:47:50 PM

I know the feeling, my dear.  :bluesad:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Lovely frosty morning after two weeks of fairly hot days, and I love these "see you again" gifts from cooler seasons. Went to church with my daughter before dawn, and something she's done since she was much littler is she likes us  to walk up the wheelchair ramp that goes into the sanctuary, and today the outdoor carpet they have on it was coated in frost to the point of being slick, so I went back to the car and got the push broom I've had in there since I used it on a driveway weeks back (lazy me) and got that cleaned off, but it was peculiar that the frost didn't melt when I swept it, it formed this line like a glacier, and at the bottom of the ramp I ended up with a pile that looked like a small snowdrift.

Alex

A Kickstarter I've backed has asked me to back them on Patreon to get extra exclusive updates about the progress of the project.

How about hell no and for a bonus you can lose my custom on your future projects.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2023, 10:05:19 AM
A Kickstarter I've backed has asked me to back them on Patreon to get extra exclusive updates about the progress of the project.

How about hell no and for a bonus you can lose my custom on your future projects.

:thumbup: :cheers:

Trevor

Just gone 3 am here Tuesday morning: why can't I sleep?

ER

Alex

Quote from: Trevor on April 24, 2023, 08:07:39 PM

Quote from: ER on April 25, 2023, 04:28:43 PM
OK, my work here is done.

You have transferred your insomnia to Trevor?

LilCerberus

Quote from: Trevor on April 24, 2023, 08:07:39 PM

Right now, somewhere in Pretoria is the perfect sandwich with your name on it...
I know from experience...
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

RCMerchant

I been sleeping like a rock. Weird dreams, but not scary.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

I keep seeing adverts from charities wanting me to leave them money in my will. The jokes on them, I don't plan on dying.

ER

Wonder if there's a "mile-low club" where you waist-wrestle in a mine?

ER

Time is different in the middle of the night.