Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lester1/2jr

very frustrating day skateboarding, which they often are.

RCMerchant

What the f**k is wrong with people???

Taylor Shabusiness, a woman from Wisconson, just entered the Sicko Hall of Fame for strangling her boyfriend with a dog chain, having sex with his dead body, and cutting up his body while wiped out on meth.  While being interrogated, she confessed readily while giggling. Sweet sh*tting Satan.
So- Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer, and her all come from the friendly state of Wisconson.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/taylor-schabusiness-guilty-of-kiling-lover-abusing-corpse/
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Trevor

Quote from: RCMerchant on July 30, 2023, 09:49:51 AM
What the f**k is wrong with people???

Taylor Shabusiness, a woman from Wisconson, just entered the Sicko Hall of Fame for strangling her boyfriend with a dog chain, having sex with his dead body, and cutting up his body while wiped out on meth.  While being interrogated, she confessed readily while giggling. Sweet sh*tting Satan.
So- Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer, and her all come from the friendly state of Wisconson.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/27/taylor-schabusiness-guilty-of-kiling-lover-abusing-corpse/

:buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Sorry to hear that Pee Wee Herman has died.  :bluesad:
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

"There are only two tragedies in life: either we get what we deserve, or we do not."

---Oscar Wilde
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Alex

Looks like I'll be having my attestation on the 19th of September. I never thought that was something I'd have to do twice.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Alex

It doesn't matter how masterful a shot is, how deep the subtext is in a movie. If the film is dull, then it is dull.

Leah

Quote from: Alex on August 02, 2023, 04:54:41 PM
It doesn't matter how masterful a shot is, how deep the subtext is in a movie. If the film is dull, then it is dull.
This is me with Tool. No matter how much someone goes on and on about them I just canNOT get into them.
yeah no.

Rev. Powell

Sort of a paradox, since masterful shots and deep subtexts are interesting.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Quote from: Rev. Powell on August 02, 2023, 08:28:37 PM

Sort of a paradox, since masterful shots and deep subtexts are interesting.

I studied filmmaking from a critical point of view and at the end of 2 years of study came to the conclusion that you could talk as deeply as you wanted about a film, discuss context, subcontext, background subliminal music, accidental and deliberate meanings and so forth and yet all it still boiled down to was "Did you enjoy the movie?" To me, everything else is just window dressing. I came to much the same conclusion about books, mostly because of a single remark by a man called Robin Jenkins who wrote a story called The Cone Gatherers. For various reasons that book became incredibly influential in my life although unless you know what he said about it, you'd never be able to work out why. Anyway, if you find the other stuff makes or breaks a film for you, then more power to you.

In fact thinking about it, I'd say this one off-hand comment was the single most influential comment anyone ever made to me, but that is another story.

indianasmith

For some strange reason, cats are the only domesticated mammal never mentioned in the Bible.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

Trump got indicted again. For trying to overturn the 2020 election. This is the BIG one.
Gives me hope that there may be some justice in this f**king country for once.
If he even gets 5 years, I'm sure he will die in prison. I have not truely hated anyone in the public employ beyond this evil cocksucker.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

indianasmith

And there's still the Georgia case to go! Right now he's facing indictments on nearly 80 criminal charges.
LOCK HIM UP!!!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 04, 2023, 02:35:10 AM
Trump got indicted again. For trying to overturn the 2020 election. This is the BIG one.
Gives me hope that there may be some justice in this f**king country for once.
If he even gets 5 years, I'm sure he will die in prison. I have not truely hated anyone in the public employ beyond this evil cocksucker.

This case isn't good. Trump's actions were totally reprehensible, but I don't think he had criminal intent, and I really don't think they can prove it. Lying is generally not criminal.

The Georgia case is stronger but still iffy.

Now the documents case, on the other hand, is a slam dunk. There is no doubt he's guilty, he's on tape, and he has no defense. Doesn't mean they can convince a jury, but I have by far the best feeling about that one. In a legal sense.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Apparently, the passwords I use would take an average of 6,100 years to hack with the currently available level of computer technology.

This might be useful if companies didn't keep getting hacked and getting passwords stolen.