Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

I must say I do like some dangling earrings.
yeah no.

RCMerchant

^ Columbus found NOTHING. Thank Erik the Red.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

In the unlikely event that the Internet gets knocked out on Wednesday,  it's been a blast.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Alex on October 09, 2023, 01:12:50 PM
In the unlikely event that the Internet gets knocked out on Wednesday,  it's been a blast.

No idea what you were talking about so I looked it up... it's a rumor from 2018 apparently recirculating. Still, maybe they were off by 5 years... :bouncegiggle:
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 09, 2023, 01:26:21 PM

No idea what you were talking about so I looked it up... it's a rumor from 2018 apparently recirculating. Still, maybe they were off by 5 years... :bouncegiggle:

https://bnn.network/world/authorities-dispel-rumors-of-global-internet-outage-on-october-11/

This is the one I was reading.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Alex on October 09, 2023, 01:51:00 PM

https://bnn.network/world/authorities-dispel-rumors-of-global-internet-outage-on-october-11/

"...a video and news article circulating on social media suggested that a worldwide internet blackout was imminent. The video was a manipulated cut from an old episode of the 'His Excellency the Citizen' programme on MBC, dating back to October 2018. The article, allegedly from the British newspaper 'The Mirror,' was also proven to be false." Sounds like that's where the specific "October 11" date came from, although an article about solar storms disrupting the Internet also came out in 2021. People are gullible and love a good apocalypse.

Did you hear about the lady who claimed the recent cell phone alarm test was the signal to "activate the Marburg virus in people who have been vaccinated. And sadly turn some of them into zombies." Probably happened and the fake news media covered it up.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Alex

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 09, 2023, 02:02:51 PM

"...a video and news article circulating on social media suggested that a worldwide internet blackout was imminent. The video was a manipulated cut from an old episode of the 'His Excellency the Citizen' programme on MBC, dating back to October 2018. The article, allegedly from the British newspaper 'The Mirror,' was also proven to be false." Sounds like that's where the specific "October 11" date came from, although an article about solar storms disrupting the Internet also came out in 2021. People are gullible and love a good apocalypse.

Did you hear about the lady who claimed the recent cell phone alarm test was the signal to "activate the Marburg virus in people who have been vaccinated. And sadly turn some of them into zombies." Probably happened and the fake news media covered it up.

Hadn't heard that one. I turned my phone off for that test which i guess is why i am not a xombie now. Kind of thought the article was more vaguely amusing hence the 'unlikely event' (but hey not completely impossible). Wishing I'd paid more attention to the flat earth one I heard earlier.

Leah

Quote from: Rev. Powell on October 09, 2023, 02:02:51 PM
In the unlikely event that the Internet gets knocked out on Wednesday,  it's been a blast.

You joke about that alarm but one of my sisters actually believed that and started going off on me when my phone went off. :/
I wouldn't be surprised if she believes that internet bulls**t.
yeah no.

RCMerchant

Have you ever noticed that beyond Steve Allen, all the Tonight Show hosts names begin with 'J' ?
Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, and Jimmy Fallon. And almost Joan Rivers!
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

Quote from: RCMerchant on October 10, 2023, 09:41:06 PM
Have you ever noticed that beyond Steve Allen, all the Tonight Show hosts names begin with 'J' ?

Conan O'Brien.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on October 11, 2023, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on October 10, 2023, 09:41:06 PM

Conan O'Brien.

He was a host for what? a week?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Leah

Should I be surprised if my niece is really stubborn? She's 17 months old.
yeah no.

ER

ER

I wonder why it always shows 163 (or thereabouts) "guests" here when I log in? Bots? Unregistered but legit viewers? Members lurking? Imagine if 163 people actually posted here. It'd be crazy.