Main Menu

Kentucky tornados

Started by Trevor, December 11, 2021, 12:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Horrible to see the footage: our Rev lives in that state, I hope he's OK.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Rev. Powell

No probs, it's a big state. It was well south and west of me. Bad news for the people killed in the candle factory. Why were they working overnight in tornado watch conditions?
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Up here in SW Michigan, we had a thunderstorm last night, and 60 mph winds all day.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

LilCerberus

Quote from: Rev. Powell on December 11, 2021, 12:45:20 PM
Bad news for the people killed in the candle factory. Why were they working overnight in tornado watch conditions?
That's the unskilled labor class.
When I was at the Times-Dispatch, you had to be there if all the bridges were closed & monsters were attacking the city...
Once there was a blizzard (rare around here), & I had to call my parents with their 4x4 in another county to take me to yet another county to avoid getting fired, & another guy came from another part of the state just as we were winding down to avoid the absence, probably the only day they ever excused tardis to my memory...
Management was ALWAYS calling us on the carpet threatening to fire us, & I don't mean gentle reminders, I mean threats.,...

Wasn't worth it, but that's the situation in some towns.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

RCMerchant

^ Honee Bear was the same way. There was a tornado warning in our area- and I was still at work outside at 6: am. I had been their since 7 pm the night before.                                                                                
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

bob

Quote from: RCMerchant on December 11, 2021, 01:03:55 PM
Up here in SW Michigan, we had a thunderstorm last night, and 60 mph winds all day.

:buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout: :buggedout:

and I thought winds were bad in Wisconsin today with 20 MPH at the most
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

LilCerberus

No probs, it's a big state. It was well south and west of me. Bad news for the people killed in the candle factory. Why were they working overnight in tornado watch conditions?
Well, management tried saying on Sunday evening that the storm came out of nowhere with little warning, but since last night, the employees have been saying they knew three hours in advance, but were threatened with termination.....
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Allhallowsday

It's terrible.  God help all the people. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

A guy I knew in high school teaches at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, and told me a sad story this week of a dog who survived the storm but his owner did not, and he led rescuers to where his owner was dead and buried under rubble. I don't know if that's a well-known incident from this disaster or something he heard from being down there but that's just very sad.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.