Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: ER on July 29, 2023, 10:04:00 AM
If you were terminally ill, do you think you would eventually take your own life?

Yes: I would not like to suffer the way Dad did and as Mom is currently doing.  :bluesad:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

indianasmith

A lot would depend on the nature of the illness.
If I were going to be reduced to nothing but a pain-addled, skeletal shadow of my former self, bereft of all dignity and functionality, I think I'd take the fast way out, honestly.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

RCMerchant

If I were terminally ill, I would die anyway, so what's the sense?
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

What state do you think has the best music heritage?

Me- what do you think I think?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

There's a strong case to be made for Michigan, since Motown is the greatest record label of all time.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

Quote from: RCMerchant on July 29, 2023, 07:41:39 PM

Louisiana is the birthplace of jazz, which was the forefather of rock and roll, so I'd give them the nod.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Ever had a teacher who was out to get you?

I had an old bag of an English teacher once who wasn't particularly nice to anyone but who seemed especially bent on hazing me. We called her Axis Agnes. It was a shock to me at the time because mostly my teachers seemed to like me.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: indianasmith on July 29, 2023, 10:29:10 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on July 29, 2023, 07:41:39 PM

Louisiana is the birthplace of jazz, which was the forefather of rock and roll, so I'd give them the nod.

Agreed.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on July 29, 2023, 10:27:49 PM
There's a strong case to be made for Michigan, since Motown is the greatest record label of all time.

:thumbup:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on July 30, 2023, 10:39:29 AM
Ever had a teacher who was out to get you?

I had an old bag of an English teacher once who wasn't particularly nice to anyone but who seemed especially bent on hazing me. We called her Axis Agnes. It was a shock to me at the time because mostly my teachers seemed to like me.

My history teacher was p**sed at me because I couldn't stop laughing at nothing (I was on acid) so he grabbed me by the throat and pinned me against the wall. I spit in his face. I got expelled.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

I had a teacher who was fond of hitting her pupils. Me and her did not get on from day one, but she wouldn't touch me as she'd made the mistake of hitting my youngest aunt (only about 5 years older than me), and my gran had went down to the school and punched her out. She did her best to get to me in other ways, and for a while this did get to me, but I learned to just ignore her and get on with my day. She openly asked me in front of the class if anything she did bothered me and I answered "No, you just aren't important enough to me."

I did hear a few years later that she'd went too far, and while grabbing some girl by the ear she'd caught her earring and ripped her earlobe off. That made the national news, but after the first day I never heard anything else about it. I would imagine she was out of a job at the very least out of it.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

indianasmith

If you don't like kids you shouldn't be a teacher, period!

RCMerchant

Miss Boothby didn't care for me. She wasn't out to get me, though. Some mo mo named Danny Cutler was f**king with me while I was high- giving me the finger and s**t from across the room. I stood up and threw that hardcover English book at him hard. Missed his head by a hair. Got kicked out for that too. She always gave me good grades though! I was good at reading and writing. I knew how to read when I was 5, believe it or not. Not just Dick and Jane s**t.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

indianasmith

What was your best day?