Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

When my first son Jed was born.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

ER

It's not fair to compare any day to the joy I felt when my children were born, so I'll say September 25, 1994, when I was more or less accidentally left alone all weekend, and got to spend the whole day out with the man I was in love with, and even as the day happened I was aware I was happier than I had ever been in my life.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

You get very few absolutely perfect days in a lifetime.
The day I got married and the day my twins were born are probably top of the list.
My first full day in Israel, back in 2016, was simply glorious - perfect from start to finish.
And when Patty and I went to New York last summer, there was a Sunday that we started at the Hamilton Grange, attended a wreath-laying ceremony at Alexander Hamilton's graveside, ate supper at the 270-year-old Fraunces Tavern, and the rode the Staten Island ferry across the bay and back at sunset, just to see the Statue of Liberty silhouetted against the twilight sky . . . what a day that was!!!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

Time changes us, so what is something you don't believe now that you think you might come to believe in the future?

I think I will believe the human future will be brighter than it has sometimes seemed to me in the past.

RCMerchant

^ Well, if I die and find out there is some supernatural being as God, then I will change my mind, I suppose. Until then, I don't think so.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Rev. Powell

Quote from: ER on July 31, 2023, 11:25:59 PM
Time changes us, so what is something you don't believe now that you think you might come to believe in the future?

Covid resulted from a lab leak. Evidence is trending that way.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

RCMerchant

How many pairs of shoes do you have?
I have some lowtop black patent leather shoes, some Converse, some penny loafers, and some workboats.
So that's 4. I wear the first pair the most.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

Have you ever had a stalker?

I had a moderate one. She lived far enough away (and since I moved houses two weeks after she last saw me she me) that she couldn't try her stuff in public, but it did take 6 years before I could get her out of my life thanks to social media. I had her blocked on I don't know how many different profiles, I made it abundantly clear that I wanted nothing to do with her. I was considering getting the law involved when she finally stopped. Her last contact was a couple of weeks before I met Kristi. I have no idea if there is any connection there or if that is just a coincidence.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Rev. Powell

Shoes: 2 pairs dress shoes, 1 pair tennis shoes, 1 pair flip flops, 1 pair house shoes. Then some older shoes that are worn out but I haven't thrown away.

Stalker: nope. I know a woman who has a pretty serious and scary stalker: threatening violence, texting her pictures of her from unknown numbers, and so on. She suspects who it is but can't prove it.

RCMerchant

Quote from: Alex on August 02, 2023, 02:08:10 AM

I had a moderate one. She lived far enough away (and since I moved houses two weeks after she last saw me she me) that she couldn't try her stuff in public, but it did take 6 years before I could get her out of my life thanks to social media. I had her blocked on I don't know how many different profiles, I made it abundantly clear that I wanted nothing to do with her. I was considering getting the law involved when she finally stopped. Her last contact was a couple of weeks before I met Kristi. I have no idea if there is any connection there or if that is just a coincidence.

Stalk? Me?  :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Rev. Powell

Quote from: RCMerchant on August 02, 2023, 08:07:38 AM
Quote from: Alex on August 02, 2023, 02:08:10 AM

Stalk? Me?  :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

Just be glad he didn't ask have you ever been a stalker!  :buggedout:

ER

Yes and no to the stalker question. I had one but it turned out to be a psychological exercise.

I have a dozen pairs of shoes.

RCMerchant

How many bands have you seen live?

I been to 14. I seen Aerosmith twice (in the 70's), Foghat (also in the 70's), Megadeth, the Dead Boys (inna club in NYC!), White Zombie, Judas Priest, the Melvins, the Rev. Horton Heat, Suicidal Tendencies, Lynn Anderson (!) ( at the Van Buern county fair in 1972) , Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (at the Cass county fair in 1987!) She was fantarastic! She played punk rock over the speakers while the band set up the gear on some stacked pallets covered with plywood! Bless her heart!, the Outlaws, the Black Crowes (an opening act).
If I had money when I was in NYC- dam!  :bluesad: I was broke as a joke.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Alex

Hmm, not counting seeing the same bands multiple times these are the ones that I can remember in as much of the right order as I can manage (not very apparently).

The Almighty (several times), Motorhead (many, many times), D.A.D, Ozzy Osbourne, Queensryche (a couple of times), AC/DC, Group Dogdrill, Skid Row, The Damned, Joan Jett, Girlschool, Lita Ford, Halford, Iron Maiden (several times), Judas Priest, The Mission, Alice Cooper (several times), The Wildhearts (many times), Tragedy (several times), Bootyard Bandits, Alestorm, Gloryhammer, John Carpenter, Nanowar of Steel, The Tubes, Gary Numan.

There are more than that. I just can't recall the names right now.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Leah

Formatting in concerts I've been to, not counting music festivals though:
Kamelot, Nightwish
Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Skeletonwitch
Ghost (x3), Iron Maiden
Against the Grain, Toxic Holocaust, Sacred Reich, Gwar
Weird Al
Gojira, Knocked Loose, Alien Weaponry
Death Angel, Exodus, Testament
Alluvial,Fallugah, Rivers of Nihil
CHVRCHES
Turnstile
Lingua Ignota
The Cure

So currently 24 bands/artists. There's more if I include music festivals, though I'll probably forget some there.
yeah no.