Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Alex

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Trevor

Stephen King
Alistair MacLean
Desmond Bagley
Herge
Goscinny and Uderzo
Wilbur Smith
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

A baker's dozen: Oscar Wilde, Neil Gaiman, Joyce Carol Oates, Shirley Jackson, Gary Jennings, Arthur Conan Doyle, Flannery O'Connor, Dorothy Parker, Peter Straub, Jane Austen, Stephen King, Garrison Keillor, King Solomon.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 08, 2023, 11:03:31 AM
Ok. Do you have favorite authors?
Mine would be Shirley Jackson-#1...

We Have Always Lived In The Castle  has long been a favorite of mine.  The last story I read was probably The Lottery... which I had reread just a few years ago.  Her personal life was troubled... mostly by neighbors!   

I also like F. Scott Fitzgerald  Thomas Harris  Ernest Hemingway  Mark Twain  Stephen King  Anne Rice   Gene Wolfe  ...
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

Can you taste the difference in an orange and a tangerine?

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

RCMerchant

Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 08, 2023, 10:57:12 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on April 08, 2023, 11:03:31 AM
Ok. Do you have favorite authors?
Mine would be Shirley Jackson-#1...

We Have Always Lived In The Castle  has long been a favorite of mine.  The last story I read was probably The Lottery... which I had reread just a few years ago.  Her personal life was troubled... mostly by neighbors!   

I also like F. Scott Fitzgerald  Thomas Harris  Ernest Hemingway  Mark Twain  Stephen King  Anne Rice   Gene Wolfe  ...

I also enjoy HP Lovecraft, Issiac Asimov, Sandra Dee, William Shirer, Clive Barker, Stephan King, Charles Fort, Ivan Sanderson, and others of course.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

RCMerchant

Have you ever got high from huffing? (glue, gas, paint)

I have on all 3. Glue, because I built monster model and WWII model kits as a kit. Got high as a kite.
Gas- yes as well. Also when I was a kid, we lived in an old farmhouse, and there was a pipe coming out of the ground in the backyard with a large rusty ball on top of it. Most been an old pump there, because I usta huff on that thing.
Paint- again yes. I painted houses, machines at work, etc. When I'd be about half-way through I'd be high as a kite.
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 09, 2023, 06:38:22 PM
Have you ever got high from huffing? (glue, gas, paint)

I have on all 3. Glue, because I built monster model and WWII model kits as a kit. Got high as a kite.
Gas- yes as well. Also when I was a kid, we lived in an old farmhouse, and there was a pipe coming out of the ground in the backyard with a large rusty ball on top of it. Most been an old pump there, because I usta huff on that thing.
Paint- again yes. I painted houses, machines at work, etc. When I'd be about half-way through I'd be high as a kite.

Nope, but we did do whipits and poppers...

ER

I've never done that, but I do find I am in a minority in that I kind of think gasoline smells interesting, and turpentine smells downright good.

ER

Ever known a Scientologist?

Allhallowsday

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on April 09, 2023, 08:35:44 AM
Can you taste the difference in an orange and a tangerine?

Yes.  The textures and taste are similar, but the smell is distinctly different. 

Alex

Quote from: ER on April 11, 2023, 03:45:45 PM
Ever known a Scientologist?

Not beyond bumping into random recruiters. I've heard their numbers are falling which hopefully is true.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.