Main Menu

Personal Questions

Started by RCMerchant, February 05, 2022, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

^ The saying on that Scientology poster is hilarious.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

Trevor

I was approached by a Scientologist who was handing out fliers and I said "No thanks, I've seen the movie Going Clear." He yanked that paper out of my hand so quickly I got a paper cut 😳
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Quote from: ER on April 12, 2023, 05:14:39 AM
^ The saying on that Scientology poster is hilarious.

The more you get into it, the more you get out of it...  :bouncegiggle:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

"The better you look, the more you see."

Every time some man I knew said that back in the day, I'd think, that narcissist is tainting that clever bit of double meaning. (But it is a cool saying.)

Which brings me to my question: Ever loved and hated someone at the same time?

I used to but I think I got over it.

Alex

Sort of. There have been people in my life (normally female), who have been going through tough times and I've wanted to help, but they have been so determined to sort out their problems their own way and kept digging themselves into more and more trouble. Eventually I've had to say enough and step away rather than let myself be dragged down further into their issues. Those people, no matter how much I have cared about them I have also ended up being really p**sed off at by the time I reached the point where I walked away and left them to it.
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

Alex

Has anyone else ever picked up a universal remote control and tuned it into their neighbour's TV just so you could randomly change channels on them and generally mess with their heads?

RCMerchant

Quote from: ER on April 13, 2023, 07:20:49 AM

Every time some man I knew said that back in the day, I'd think, that narcissist is tainting that clever bit of double meaning. (But it is a cool saying.)

My Dad.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

RCMerchant

Quote from: Alex on April 13, 2023, 08:24:13 AM
Has anyone else ever picked up a universal remote control and tuned it into their neighbour's TV just so you could randomly change channels on them and generally mess with their heads?

No, but my grandson Aiden did. To me!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

I haven't done that with a remote but I once had a supervisor who routinely did that to his neighbor., keeping it up even after he'd seen a cable trucks in his driveway over the course of weeks. (His neighbor was even a cop!)

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on April 13, 2023, 08:24:13 AM

The last time I was home in Zimbabwe (1997) the motel I stayed in would regularly and without warning its' guests, change the channel being screened in all the rooms.  I ended up watching the movie Needful Things three times in one day that way :buggedout:
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Allhallowsday

No.
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

Have you ever built a sandcastle?

Alex

Having lived close to the ocean for the vast majority of my life, yes many times.

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!