Main Menu

True or False?

Started by RCMerchant, June 27, 2022, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

Quote from: Rev. Powell on March 31, 2023, 06:45:51 PM
Since nobody guessed on it last time: When my unclce the judge tried to get out of a speeding ticket by dropping names, a cop arrested him for "attempted coercion of a public official."
That's the same guy who was kinda shady, right?

I say its true.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Rev. Powell

It's false. I remember him showing his judicial ID to a cop when he was pulled over for speeding, but the cop ignored it and issued a ticket. My uncle just shrugged. But it's true a certain segment of the department (vice) hated him.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

indianasmith

When I was a child (about 4, I think), I was rushed to the ER because I'd stuffed bits of rubber worms (a fishing lure) into my nose to shoot at my sister, but got them stuck up there.  In the waiting room I sneezed and blew bits of rubber everywhere, so Mom and Dad just took me home.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Allhallowsday

Quote from: indianasmith on March 31, 2023, 10:01:05 PM
When I was a child (about 4, I think), I was rushed to the ER because I'd stuffed bits of rubber worms (a fishing lure) into my nose to shoot at my sister, but got them stuck up there.  In the waiting room I sneezed and blew bits of rubber everywhere, so Mom and Dad just took me home.
FALSE
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

indianasmith

Quote from: Allhallowsday on March 31, 2023, 11:31:58 PM
Quote from: indianasmith on March 31, 2023, 10:01:05 PM
FALSE

Actually, that's 100% true!  (Yes, I was a weird kid!)
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

ER

I've seen piranhas in the wild.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

Nah, on our honeymoon in 2010 we went to Brazil and took a day-cruise up the Amazon and saw some. Unimpressive all in all.

Allhallowsday

True or False:

I had a copper whale lawn ornament on a narrow copper pole, about 30 inches across, 4 feet tall.  It was stolen out of the yard, and almost a year later it was thrown on the side yard wrapped like a corpse in plastic garbage bags.   It went back up in the yard, and was promptly stolen again. 

RCMerchant

^I believe it. Rotton kids.  :hatred:
Slobber, Drool, Drip!

ER

Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 01, 2023, 02:53:41 PM
True or False:

I had a copper whale lawn ornament on a narrow copper pole, about 30 inches across, 4 feet tall.  It was stolen out of the yard, and almost a year later it was thrown on the side yard wrapped like a corpse in plastic garbage bags.   It went back up in the yard, and was promptly stolen again. 

Considering all the copper thefts, I'd say true too.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: RCMerchant on April 01, 2023, 08:32:17 PM
^I believe it. Rotton kids.  :hatred:
Quote from: ER on April 02, 2023, 08:20:02 AM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 01, 2023, 02:53:41 PM
True or False:

Considering all the copper thefts, I'd say true too.

It is true... except the whale wasn't copper!  It just looked like it, which might explain the odd choice to return the stolen item! 

Trevor

I still have my first toy: a rather elderly and grubby teddy bear.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

RCMerchant

Slobber, Drool, Drip!

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.