Main Menu

Red Dwarf to return.

Started by Alex, May 20, 2024, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I wasn't a fan of the last series I saw of it. Here is hoping they've had some better ideas since then.

QuoteGREAT NEWS FOR RED DWARF FANS!
Red Dwarf is making a comeback with a brand new three-episode special, set to air next year. Filming starts this October, and we'll see the return of the original cast: Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules, and Robert Llewellyn.
Robert Llewellyn, who plays Kryten, recently confirmed the news, expressing his surprise and excitement about the revival. "We knew we were going to do more Red Dwarf and we're actually now doing it in the middle of October to the middle of November this year. A 90-minute special, three half-hours. So yes, we are making more. I can't believe I've agreed to do it, I'm insane. I'm much too old."
While the title, plot details, and broadcasting channel are still under wraps, rumours of a revival have been swirling for months. The last time Red Dwarf graced our screens was in 2020 on Dave, and fans have been eagerly awaiting its return.
Additionally, co-creator Rob Grant is developing a prequel series featuring young Rimmer and Lister, in collaboration with Andrew Marshall. Though separate from the upcoming special, it's another exciting project for Red Dwarf enthusiasts to look forward to!
Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.

zombie no.one

my dad was in the navy, and I once got to stay for a week at the ministry of defence in greenwich with him, when I was 15... my main memory of that week was the entire place grinding to a sudden halt one evening, and all these officers, commanders and whatever cramming into the tv room to watch red dwarf. surreal
please do not mock my potato.