Main Menu

Recent posts

Bad Movies / Re: the PARANORMAL ACTIVITY-ve...
Last post by zombie no.one - July 17, 2024, 02:09:01 AM
Quote from: claws on July 17, 2024, 01:32:55 AMI've only seen the first four:

Paranormal Activity (2007) 4.0
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) 3.0
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011) 3.0
Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) 1.0

When Paramount picked up Paranormal Activity for distribution, they contacted Steven Spielberg if the film needed any improvements. He said it was fine as it is, but suggested a different ending for the wide release.

Before Paramount released the first to physical media you could email them your name, and it would appear in the end credits. I send my name and it is in the end credits, so :smile: Paranormal Activity will always have a special place in my heart.

cool :)

I was thinking if anyone on here would've seen one of the most recent 3 sequels then it would be you. I am disappoint!
Last post by Trevor - July 17, 2024, 02:07:32 AM
I saw the first one and The Marked Ones. I liked the latter because it had a healthy sense of humor but the last couple of minutes are utterly terrifying 😳
Last post by claws - July 17, 2024, 01:32:55 AM
I've only seen the first four:

Paranormal Activity (2007) 4.0
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) 3.0
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011) 3.0
Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) 1.0

When Paramount picked up Paranormal Activity for distribution, they contacted Steven Spielberg if the film needed any improvements. He said it was fine as it is, but suggested a different ending for the wide release.

Before Paramount released the first to physical media you could email them your name, and it would appear in the end credits. I send my name and it is in the end credits, so :smile: Paranormal Activity will always have a special place in my heart.
Last post by zombie no.one - July 17, 2024, 01:08:46 AM
Quote from: RCMerchant on July 16, 2024, 09:19:27 PMI seen the first one. Boring, cheap, lazy film making. Like most "found footage" junk. Why do this kinda thing? I'll tell you why. Because they have no clue how to film a decent movie.   

fortune cookie say:

"probably don't bother checking out the sequels then, in that case."
Good Movies / Re: Recent Viewings, Part 2
Last post by FatFreddysCat - July 16, 2024, 10:01:40 PM
"The Expendables" (2010)
Sylvester Stallone directed and stars in this old school testosterone fest as the leader of a team of mercenaries, hired to take down the regime of a tiny South American banana republic. He gets support from fellow badasses Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, and more. Lots of stuff gets shot up, crashed, and blown up real good in the process. Followed by three sequels to date.

"Motley Crue's Vince Neil: My Story" (2022)
The Motley Crue singer's often bumpy life story in and out of the Crue is detailed in this documentary that originally aired on the REELZ channel. Essentially it's a feature length "Behind the Music" episode, padded out with some cool vintage clips and stories from band mates, family members, and friends.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: Memes n' stuff of the day
Last post by LilCerberus - July 16, 2024, 09:49:43 PM
Press Releases and Film News / Re: Shots fired at Trump rally
Last post by Archivist - July 16, 2024, 09:43:25 PM
Quote from: WingedSerpent on July 16, 2024, 08:10:50 PMI am no fan of Trump. I beleive he belongs in prison for his actions. And while I do not condone the action that had taken place, given what he's done I find myself not exactly feeling sympathetic towards him.

Its like someone who gets drunk at a zoo, climbs into an animal enclosure, and gets mauled.  I'm sorry it happened, but the guy is not blamesless in the situation.   

He's not blameless at all, and there is also the anti-Trump rhetoric which likely fueled the shooter's actions. There is LOT of online rhetoric which says that if Trump is voted back in, America is doomed, and many groups of people will suffer. Recent discussion revolves around the controversial Project 2025 and whether Trump supports it or not.

The shooter was in his early twenties, so most of his teenage and early adult life would have been spent in the proximity, if not influence, of that messaging. It was only a matter of time before someone acted on it like this, right up there with abortion clinic bombings, jihadi beheadings, and on a lower scale, climate protestors supergluing themselves to priceless artwork or roads.
Last post by RCMerchant - July 16, 2024, 09:19:27 PM
I seen the first one. Boring, cheap, lazy film making. Like most "found footage" junk. Why do this kinda thing? I'll tell you why. Because they have no clue how to film a decent movie.   
Off Topic Discussion / Re: How's the weather?
Last post by WingedSerpent - July 16, 2024, 08:19:57 PM
Warm and muggy today.
Off Topic Discussion / Re: WingedSerpent's thoughts, ...
Last post by WingedSerpent - July 16, 2024, 08:19:29 PM
Was gone for far too long this time.   I like the new look of the site.  Better yet, we've changed from a simple http to https -for a more secure log in.