Main Menu

Random Thought Thread Part III: The Thinking

Started by ER, September 30, 2021, 01:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

Quote from: ER on November 16, 2022, 06:10:41 PM
Anthony Kiedis is SIXTY? That's like a hundred in rock star years.
Ozzy Osbourne is nearly 74. He's probably 120-130 in rock years.
yeah no.

LilCerberus

I can't help thinking that Under The God by Tin Machine sounds kinda like a Husker Du song........

I heard about The Peter principle today, & couldn't help thinking that sounds like some sort of romantic comedy, or maybe one of those social comedy satires, possibly even a slapstick farce..........
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Quote from: LilCerberus on November 18, 2022, 12:41:54 AM
I can't help thinking that Under The God by Tin Machine sounds kinda like a Husker Du song........

I heard about The Peter principle today, & couldn't help thinking that sounds like some sort of romantic comedy, or maybe one of those social comedy satires, possibly even a slapstick farce..........

Are you a fan of Tin Machine?
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

It just occurred to me that Beetlejuice probably wasn't being honest about going to Juilliard. Huh....
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

LilCerberus

Quote from: Alex on November 18, 2022, 03:26:37 AM

No, just that one song.
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

Alex

Quote from: LilCerberus on November 18, 2022, 03:13:25 PM

No, just that one song.

Funnily enough, me too.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

LilCerberus

Quote from: Alex on November 18, 2022, 03:19:35 PM

No, just that one song.

Funnily enough, me too.
I had a pretty hard time getting into Husker Du as well, but that's another story.

Alex

Quote from: LilCerberus on November 18, 2022, 04:46:29 PM
Quote from: Alex on November 18, 2022, 03:19:35 PM

No, just that one song.

Funnily enough, me too.
I had a pretty hard time getting into Husker Du as well, but that's another story.

I have just never came across anyone who was an out and out fan of the music and wondered if you were the first.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

ER

That cool glass house in Highgate Cemetery is for sale. If I had eight million pounds and was allowed in the UK, that'd be sweet. Love that house.

Trevor

Little Miss Charlize All South African Men Are Rapists Theron is getting dragged mercilessly and I couldn't be happier 🤣🤣
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2022, 12:29:22 PM
Little Miss Charlize All South African Men Are Rapists Theron is getting dragged mercilessly and I couldn't be happier 🤣🤣

Now, Trevor, what did she ever do to you except call you a rapist?

Trevor

Quote from: ER on November 19, 2022, 12:45:00 PM
Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2022, 12:29:22 PM

Now, Trevor, what did she ever do to you except call you a rapist?

Just to clarify: she isn't well regarded in South Africa for various reasons including insisting she was the first SA to win an Oscar when she wasn't and then, the stupid advert she made in 2004/5 where she states that all SA men like hurting women sexually: that advert was immediately withdrawn after a huge public outcry. Now she has attacked Afrikaans - an language which is spoken by millions of peeps worldwide including me - as a dying and unhelpful language that only 44 people speak. This is her mother tongue, for crying out loud!

Nee Charlize, nee: maak liewer jou mond toe, die kak loop daaruit.  :tongueout:

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

ER

People are always trying to get me to join their book clubs, and to me being in one of those would like a day in Purgatory, with angels spitting on you. Having to read books I didn't want to read, or worse, liking a book and having to listen to other people's opinions on it? Their takes on inner meaning and theme and interpretation? No. Thanks.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Trevor on November 19, 2022, 02:00:38 PM
...Just to clarify: she isn't well regarded in South Africa for various reasons including insisting she was the first SA to win an Oscar when she wasn't and then, the stupid advert she made in 2004/5 where she states that all SA men like hurting women sexually: that advert was immediately withdrawn after a huge public outcry. Now she has attacked Afrikaans - an language which is spoken by millions of peeps worldwide including me - as a dying and unhelpful language that only 44 people speak. This is her mother tongue, for crying out loud!

Nee Charlize, nee: maak liewer jou mond toe, die kak loop daaruit.  :tongueout:

MONSTER proves she's a talented actress.  She is also a humorless egotistical self-appointed judge. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

ER

She has nice ribs though. Gotta give ol' Charlize credit there. Totally great ribs. Her skeleton should be hung in an anatomy class at an art school someday.