Main Menu

What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

An Anti Records free digital sampler from Spring 2008.... Bettye Lavette, Nick Cave, Bob Mould, Devotcha, etc.  Unfortunately the download link is gone.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Psycho Circus

QUIET RIOT - III (1986)

Contains the wonderful "Twilight Hotel"... :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPV2xvWfQT4

Rev. Powell

Just a song -

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ( Special Edit Radio Mix)" - Negativland

This is the infamous sound collage built around Casey Kasum's profane rampage when he lost his cool and started swearing like a sailor while introducing a really long-distance dedication to a dead dog (Sunggles).  Has anyone else heard this?  It's surprisingly cool. 

Psycho Circus

HappyGilmore

Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly

Nothing beats Irish/Celtic punk.

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 07, 2008, 01:45:19 PM
Just a song -

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ( Special Edit Radio Mix)" - Negativland

This is the infamous sound collage built around Casey Kasum's profane rampage when he lost his cool and started swearing like a sailor while introducing a really long-distance dedication to a dead dog (Sunggles).  Has anyone else heard this?  It's surprisingly cool. 
Is that the rant where Casey's like, "I gotta come out of an uptempo record, then talk about a damn dead dog?  What's wrong with you people?  You don't do that."?  Is that the rant you're talking about? :bouncegiggle:
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Psycho Circus

ALAN PARSONS PROJECT - Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980)

Rev. Powell

Quote from: HappyGilmore on September 07, 2008, 04:08:34 PM

Just a song -

Is that the rant where Casey's like, "I gotta come out of an uptempo record, then talk about a damn dead dog?  What's wrong with you people?  You don't do that."?  Is that the rant you're talking about? :bouncegiggle:

Yep, only he didn't say "damn."  :wink:  My favorite Casey line from the rant (about U2): "These guys are from England and who gives a sh**?"

Torgo

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA  "The Very Best of",  METALLICA  'Death Magnetic"
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

Psycho Circus

HappyGilmore

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 07, 2008, 05:16:10 PM
Quote from: HappyGilmore on September 07, 2008, 04:08:34 PM

Just a song -

Yep, only he didn't say "damn."  :wink:  My favorite Casey line from the rant (about U2): "These guys are from England and who gives a sh**?"
Yeah, I was laughing when I heard that.  Casey's awesome.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Psycho Circus

DARK ANGEL - Darkness Descends (1986)

Rev. Powell

Buckwheat Zydeco - Where There's Smoke There's Fire

Sample: Hey Good Lookin' (with Dwight Yoakum)

Willie Nelson - Greatest Hits (& Some That Will Be)

Sample: Whiskey River

Psycho Circus

Torgo

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS  "Greatest Hits"
"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."

Psycho Circus

CANNON - Back In Business

Wow! German metal never disappoints  :thumbup: