Quote from: Alex on Today at 06:46:01 AMQuoteFilming has officially wrapped on Twilight of the Dead, the long-awaited final chapter of George A. Romero's legendary zombie saga. Kate Beckinsale leads the cast alongside Betty Gabriel, Abigail London, Kurt Deimer, Phil Burke, Cooper Barnes, Tait Fletcher and John D. Hickman. The movie is based on a treatment Romero developed before his death in 2017, envisioning the story as the conclusion to the zombie saga he began with Night of the Living Dead. Set on a devastated Earth, the film follows the last remnants of humanity caught between warring factions and an evolving undead threat. Filming took place in Kentucky, with The Walking Dead legend Greg Nicotero handling the special effects. Nicotero previously worked with Romero on Day of the Dead, creating a direct connection to the filmmaker's original zombie legacy. Doron and Yoav Paz direct, with the project developed in partnership with the Romero estate and Suzanne Romero. The film is expected to receive a theatrical release in the U.S. and Canada, although an official release date has not yet been announced.
I am Facebook friends with Paolo Zelati, one of the 3 screenwriters, and almost met up with him when he was in Kentucky, but we couldn't work out a time. I wondered why he came from Italy to Kentucky (of all places to visit in the US!) and didn't realize this is what he was here to work on. If I had, I would have tried to get an invitation to the set!
Quote from: Rev. Powell on Today at 10:02:56 AMQuote from: Alex on Today at 06:46:01 AMQuoteFilming has officially wrapped on Twilight of the Dead, the long-awaited final chapter of George A. Romero's legendary zombie saga. Kate Beckinsale leads the cast alongside Betty Gabriel, Abigail London, Kurt Deimer, Phil Burke, Cooper Barnes, Tait Fletcher and John D. Hickman. The movie is based on a treatment Romero developed before his death in 2017, envisioning the story as the conclusion to the zombie saga he began with Night of the Living Dead. Set on a devastated Earth, the film follows the last remnants of humanity caught between warring factions and an evolving undead threat. Filming took place in Kentucky, with The Walking Dead legend Greg Nicotero handling the special effects. Nicotero previously worked with Romero on Day of the Dead, creating a direct connection to the filmmaker's original zombie legacy. Doron and Yoav Paz direct, with the project developed in partnership with the Romero estate and Suzanne Romero. The film is expected to receive a theatrical release in the U.S. and Canada, although an official release date has not yet been announced.
I am Facebook friends with Paolo Zelati, one of the 3 screenwriters, and almost met up with him when he was in Kentucky, but we couldn't work out a time. I wondered why he came from Italy to Kentucky (of all places to visit in the US!) and didn't realize this is what he was here to work on. If I had, I would have tried to get an invitation to the set!
I am sorry you missed out on that. I'm sure it would have been a great experience and maybe you'd have ended up as a zombie.