Main Menu

The Angry Red Planet

Started by Fred Ringwald, November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Reptilian!

Quote from: marlon the monster on October 13, 2006, 03:33:16 PM
I dont care how you try to justify it but freezing someones eyeballs is just plain wrong.Other then that an enjoyable movie.
Not if your best friend is about to become a Rock Sanwich.

Rich

I was 8 when I made my parents take me to see this movie in 1959. I lived in a small village near Worcester in the UK. It turned out to have the most profound effect on me that it is still to this day the most terrifying experience I have ever had and can remember how scared I was quite vividly. That night I would not close my eyes and the lights had to be left on all night. I remember my father stayed up with me all night. He and Mom took it in turns for over a week until the experience calmed down enough for me sleep on my own. But it was many later before I would turn off my bedroom lights at night. Whenever anything scary happens to me now I automatically scale it from 1 to 10 on this one experience in 1959. Life was much more naive in those days and kids today would just lagh. It makes me wonder what sort of movies will be made in the future which could possibly scare the kids of the future!! Was I alone, or did anyone else get a fright, I love to hear from you.

BoyScoutKevin

I have seen it, and I did enjoy it, but I never found it to be scary. But, then, I was much older than 8, when I saw it.

But 8 can be a scary age for a child. I saw the original "The Fly," when I was 6, and it scared the s*** out of me. Of course, I now find the film more laughable than scary.

ralphyralph

The dialog in this movie is hopelessly inane. Seriously I think they used some kind of random dialog generator, which would probably be a computational feat in 1959. My forehead got sore from so many face palms. I couldn't finish the movie.

Babied

The pink amoeba, digesting the astronaut"REALLY TURNED ME ON"! Wish it had been me in my fleece footed pajamas! :smile:

Ticonderoga 64

Still love this one! Where else do you get a film with a rat/bat/spider creature, an amoeba that eats people and a Peeping Tom Martian all in one go?  :smile:

BoyScoutKevin

Quote from: Ticonderoga 64 on August 17, 2018, 07:24:49 AM
Still love this one! Where else do you get a film with a rat/bat/spider creature, an amoeba that eats people and a Peeping Tom Martian all in one go?  :smile:

Only in The Angry Red Planet, sir. What I think I remember best about the film was its cast. While maybe not well known names, not unknown names neither with Gerald Mohr, Nora Hayden, Les Tremayne, and Jack Krushen. And did the voice of the Martian sound familiar to anyone, apparently it was voiced by Ted Cassidy.

Ticonderoga 64

Quote from: BoyScoutKevin on August 23, 2018, 05:51:31 PM
Quote from: Ticonderoga 64 on August 17, 2018, 07:24:49 AM

Only in The Angry Red Planet, sir. What I think I remember best about the film was its cast. While maybe not well known names, not unknown names neither with Gerald Mohr, Nora Hayden, Les Tremayne, and Jack Krushen. And did the voice of the Martian sound familiar to anyone, apparently it was voiced by Ted Cassidy.

Now that you mention it, it DOES sound like Ted Cassidy! Wow! I never noticed that before.  :smile: