Main Menu

Good People in Bad Times

Started by ER, March 23, 2020, 04:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Tough times grade us all and there are truly extraordinary people who emerge in every crisis, this one no exception. I could talk about the volunteers, the medical staff, even the grocery store workers who are at their posts through this, and they all deserve praise, but you know what I saw today on my short trip out that cheered me?

At a CVS Pharmacy a well-dress man of later years was standing off by himself on the sidewalk, maybe twenty feet from others, and as each person got out of a car and headed into the store he called over variations of: "I want to wish you a fine day! God bless you and your family! This will pass, keep your spirits up! I hope you have a wonderful day!"

That was a little thing and I have no idea who he was, where he came from, or how long he stood  there but somehow it touched me that this man would be out telling strangers these nice sentiments to try to lift their spirits.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

RCMerchant

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

indianasmith

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

chefzombie

after my experience posting on FB about the kindness of strangers being disparaged by the person who is no longer my brother, i won't speak about it anywhere. i can't.
don't EVEN...EVER!