Main Menu

failed tv spin-off series of MOVIES

Started by zombie no.one, November 09, 2019, 03:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

The comedy FRIDAY had an animated series in 2007. It lasted 8 episodes.

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE  had and animated series that lasted 3 months.

POLICE ACADEMY had a series that lasted 7 months in 1997-1998.

RAMBO: the Force of Freedom, was a cartoon that lasted 1 season in 1985.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Gabriel Knight

Quote from: RCMerchant on January 26, 1975, 10:49:42 AMRAMBO: the Force of Freedom, was a cartoon that lasted 1 season in 1985.

I remember having a couple of VHS from that series, and some action figures. I loved that show, I distinctly recall an episode in which they put Rambo in a cage and drop a box of rats on top of him so they can devour him alive. Pretty gruesome for a children's cartoon, that's for sure.
Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2

RCMerchant

Quote from: Gabriel Knight on September 11, 2020, 10:32:15 AM
Quote from: RCMerchant on January 26, 1975, 10:49:42 AMRAMBO: the Force of Freedom, was a cartoon that lasted 1 season in 1985.

I remember having a couple of VHS from that series, and some action figures. I loved that show, I distinctly recall an episode in which they put Rambo in a cage and drop a box of rats on top of him so they can devour him alive. Pretty gruesome for a children's cartoon, that's for sure.

I may have caught of it flipping channels in '85. I was 23 in '85 I lived at work and the bar.  :bluesad: I didn't watch a lot of TV, being the only one I had was a small black and white.
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

chainsaw midget

I remember Rambo.  I had the Rambo action figure and it was pretty cool.  I accidentally partially melted his butt on the fireplace though.

The cartoon just felt like a low budget G.I. Joe.

zelmo73

Quote from: chainsaw midget on September 11, 2020, 09:57:32 PM

I remember Rambo.  I had the Rambo action figure and it was pretty cool.  I accidentally partially melted his butt on the fireplace though.

The cartoon just felt like a low budget G.I. Joe.

The cartoon of Mortal Kombat was much the same way, though the animation was worse than G.I. Joe. They haven't done a decent Mortal Kombat anything since the first movie, at least until Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2020) came along with all of its bloody R-rated glory. Took a chance on the $10 blu ray that I ordered off of Amazon during the lockdown and was pleasantly surprised at how bloody that it was.  :cheers:
First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"