Main Menu

NFL doing away with Pro Bowl Games

Started by sprite75, August 31, 2026, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprite75

The NFL decided to eliminate the Pro Bowl, although it will still name players as Pro Bowlers

QuoteBeginning with the 2026 season, 88 players will be named to the Pro Bowl class in late December, with no replacement selections.

"It's OK to be the first league to walk away from a competitive all-star game," NFL executive vice president Peter O'Reilly said.

While no AFC vs. NFC game will be held, players selected as Pro Bowlers will be invited to attend an in-person celebration in Los Angeles during the traditional weekend the Pro Bowl Games took place.

"This direction came directly from our continued conversations with players and what they value most about the Pro Bowl," NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent said in a statement. "Being selected by your peers, coaches and fans as one of the very best at your position carries tremendous meaning. We heard clearly that the distinction matters, and our focus is on making the recognition that comes with it worthy of what these players accomplished on the field."

I don't think I've ever watched a complete game.  Even when I did watch it seemed like they were more focused on interviews and other entertainment and the game was played in the background.
God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.

Rev. Powell

It was never a big deal. So many big names opted out. It's a tradition that won't really be missed.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

sprite75

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 01, 2026, 08:01:01 AMIt was never a big deal. So many big names opted out. It's a tradition that won't really be missed.

Especially in more recent years after the game was moved to the week before the Super Bowl and players opted out because they were worried about injuries. 
God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.

Dalmatian Bobby Samaritan

I was watching a Rose bowl game between UT Longhorns and Michigan and this was in 2005. I thought I was seeing a matrix glitch or de ja vu. Because after Michigan scored a touchdown they zoomed in on their coach and I thought I was looking at the same coach who was for UT. Like he ran over there and changed uniforms and now he was presto voila the coach for the Wolverines.
I believe that Professional sports are rigged and dead slow against the current. Majorly. The real thing to be missed is thinking that at voila someone at any time might be able to show you what real reality is. Instead of the Bermuda triangle. And now there is some reality TV show called Kelce. Or I think Catching Kelce first premiered back in like 2016. I just want to know where all of the money of the NFL is being allocated because I think what most of us are watching now is a collage of some bathtub that basically reaks.

I think the Gods are in this instant now and thinking that Copán might make a comeback. I want Copán to make a comeback. Isn't that where the first original ball game came from?

What is one egoist versus another. And putting them in a camp. Football was at its height anyway when televangelism was at its height. Now there is just too much of a collision of too many people who are smarter and questioning things and ..Sprite75 — not exactly sure what it is that you "miss."(Do you wish that football players looked like Cephalopods??)




The National Cephalopod bowl. Hosted by Sprint.