Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:01:26 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Speculate: Would zombies REALLY take over? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Speculate: Would zombies REALLY take over?  (Read 53741 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »

Well, we could call in Chuck Norris, but even the zombies deserve a fair chance....

;)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 04:57:21 PM »

What we could do if the Zombies try to take over is get the Spirits of John Wayne;Charles Bronson;Steve McQueen;James Coburn;Robert Mitchum;Jimmy Stewart;Henry Fonda;Humphrey Bogart;Jimmy Cagney and Edward G.Robinson to go after the Zombies!!(I Could Just see The Duke Telling A Zombie "SOMEBODY OUGHTA BELT YOU ONE!!BUT I WON'T!!I WON'T!!AW THE HELL I WON'T!!".).Or get the Ghosts of Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee to put some kinda Kung Fu Whoop Ass on them!!If that don't work,well we can always get Tom Cruise to try to convert them all to Scientology!!Or get Scooby Doo and the Gang to go after them!!(If Scooby and the Gang go after them,they'll rip the mask off one of the Zombies and find out that it's Donald Trump!!(Of course,he'll tell them "Yes,I Did It!!The Old Amusement Park/Airbase/Seaport/Warehouse was where I was going to build the newest Trump Tower!!And I was trying to buy it cheap!!But you Kids had to go meddle into it and you ruined my plans!!Your'e Fired!!By the way,Daphne,how'd you like to be the next Mrs.Trump??).
Neville

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »

Er... Thanks The Conqueroo, but that just made mankind's cause more desperate. I didn't realize until now that most of the people you mention (and some of them are serious ass-kickers) are dead and would therefore ve on THEIR side.

Now I won't be able to sleep in all night.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

Naw,they wouldn't join the Zombies!!If nothing else,after Tom Cruise tries to convert them to Scientology,they'd kill him,them they'd get sick and die!!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »

Are YOU a Zombie infiltrator?  You seem to know an awful lot about what they would and would not do. Trying to lull us into passivity with your talk of tactics?

I don't know...can Zombies type?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »

Naw,I'm not a Zombie!!Plus,I don't practice the Black Art of VooDoo!!I do have IBS,so some time in the AM,I must go DooDoo!!I'm just very well read!!Plus,I watched a lot of "Scooby Doo"when I was a Kid!! "People Call Me Jim.But You Can Call Me..Jim."-Gene Wilder:"Blazing Saddles"."Now To Begin My Most Foul and Evil Plan Yet!!To Wreak Havoc Upon Humanity!!"-Buttes(As Professor Chaos):"South Park".
plan9superfan
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 05:29:43 PM »

He's not a zombie, he's just hyperactive.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 05:35:07 PM »

"I'M NOT A MOUSE!!IM AN ASTHMA HOUND CHIHUHUA!!"-Ren Hoek:"Ren&Stimpy".
Jim H

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 11:29:12 PM »

Assuming Romero zombies - no, they wouldn't take over.  Only the recently dead would come back, the buried would NEVER get out.  I feel that is an important distinction to make.  We're talking only a few thousand in any geographic area.  And America has lots of guns.  Martial law would end up in many areas, but I don't see it taking that long.
plan9superfan
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 07:34:28 AM »

How about the zombies from the "Return of the Living Dead" movies?
Flangepart

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »

Well, yeah!
Fast Zombies spread faster, cause they provide less time to adapt to the threat.
And the RTOLD Z's are smarter, too. Well, the most recent "Converts", maby...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
plan9superfan
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 04:45:30 PM »

And what would happen when they try to take over the "violent" countries: Iraq, Iran, Lybia, the African countries, Mexico, Taiwan and Pakistan?

You know, where every citizen is a born-and-bred warrior?
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »

plan9superfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what would happen when they try to take over
> the "violent" countries: Iraq, Iran, Lybia, the
> African countries, Mexico, Taiwan and Pakistan?
>
> You know, where every citizen is a born-and-bred
> warrior?

You don't live in the South in the US, do you?  I buleve we kin handel our share of zombies down here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
BTM

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »

plan9superfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about the zombies from the "Return of the
> Living Dead" movies?

Well, it depends on which film exactly, as they don't share the same continuity.  In the first (and second) film, the only dead that rose were those sprayed (or came into contact with) that toxic chemical from those barrels the government kept misplacing. 

The dead in the first two movies were virtually invincible (I mean, you had to pretty much chop them up to destroy them), unless they got in contact with electricity.  Now, I could see these guys doing a LOT of damage, but I think they'd be neutralized once the army (or whoever) found out their weakness.  (Assuming of course, they don't just say, "Screw it", block off and then nuke whatever town they happen to be in.)

Now, part three (and the others) throw continuity completely out of the window, these dead will try to bite ANYTHING on a living person (first two movies they were only after brains) and their bite spreads the sickness.

Not sure if they're invincible as well, though, I mean, in part three all they seemed to be able to do was freeze them for a bit and then contain them, so either electricity doesn't work on them, or the government never tried it.

(Yes, I know, I watch too much TV...)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 06:46:56 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2006, 01:14:23 AM »

Which reminds me of a story about a friend of mine.Seems he always wanted to be a Dolphin Trainer,so he got a job at Sea World and eventually he worked his way up to become a Dolphin Trainer.He became so successful that he wrote a book about it.He titled it "The Porpoise Driven Life".(Rim Shot!!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Speculate: Would zombies REALLY take over? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.