Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:42 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jericho (Wednesday Nights at 8pm on CBS) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Jericho (Wednesday Nights at 8pm on CBS)  (Read 76825 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2006, 09:46:48 AM »

As per usual I tried and failed to watch a whole episode, this week only catching the last three minutes.  But the trailer for the next episode again looked vaguely interesting.  So at least I know the basics of what's going on...

But what I'm actually liking more is the fact that I can actually talk about a show that I'm watching as it airs in the states.  Usually we're at least 3 months behind the US, but now programs are starting to get shown more and more in time with America.  Someone was telling me it had something to do with the networks trying to stop downloading, since logically if it was a really good series you wanted to watch, but didn't want to wait for it to come out here, you would therefore try and download it.

Interesting idea, but hey, I don't care.  It just means less waiting for me, so that makes it all better!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »

Ulthar asked me about the two strangers.

They are telling us more about the returning mayors son. Looks like he was involved with some bad people before he left town that resulted in the death someone and that is why he was away I suppose. He may have learned a lot while away.

The other stranger picked up his wife and daughter before the cities where destroyed because he had fore knowledge of the event. He's either a real bad guy or someone else.

They should have made this a mini-series or something. Not enjoying the soap opera stuff, but I do like finding out were the series is going.

Scott

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 09:16:20 PM »

Ok, good episode tonight. The two sons had to go to another town to get medicine for the Mayor who was dying. When they arrived at the other town it was deserted except a gunman and a doctor at the hospital. The town was vacated by FEMA by some govorment hired mercenaries since our troops were fighting in other countries. They manage to get back to Jericho with the medicine and a doctor after a confrontation with these govorment mercenaries who killed all the weak in the other town.

Our other stranger was interrogated in his home by the mayors rival and his home was searched finding an FBI badge.

About the mayors son "Jake" we find out that he has been in Iraq as some kind of corporate transport in the green zone.

One of the sons left his jacket behind in the other town when getting medicine and the mercenaries have found it. Looks like they will be heading to Jericho next.

This weeks episode was good and they may have a good follow up next week as the town prepares to take on the mercenaries.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 01:29:32 PM »

Hey, when I saw D.B, Sweeney leading the mercenaries, I knew we hadn't seen the last of them.

Just read this on AICN, Jericho will end with a cliffhanger on Nov. 29 and then return next February.  Read the article here.

The only advantage to showing it this way is that there are no reruns.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 01:47:25 PM »

Get ready it's on again tonight. CBS at 8pm Eastern Time on Wednesdays.

Scott

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »

Well......They face off the Mercenaries at the bridge in Jericho by rigging the bridge with explosives and our outsider helped protect Jake. The rest of the show was more Soap Opera again with the back drop of nuclear holocast.

Next week's show is the finale one of this season and the previews show parachutes coming down and something marked with Chinese emblem on it. Next week should be a cliff hanger.

dean

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2006, 05:29:45 AM »

Watched a bit more than five minutes for once, and it was pretty interesting.  Even though it won't go in the direction I really want it to [that is less soap opera drama, and more world chaos drama] I'm still enjoying the somewhat limited time I get to spend watching this though!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 03:03:47 PM »

Well......They face off the Mercenaries at the bridge in Jericho by rigging the bridge with explosives and our outsider helped protect Jake. The rest of the show was more Soap Opera again with the back drop of nuclear holocast.

Next week's show is the finale one of this season and the previews show parachutes coming down and something marked with Chinese emblem on it. Next week should be a cliff hanger.
Scott...why did you stop?...I just now read all your cliff notes and you didn't put in the cliffhanger episode. You left me on a cliffhanger before the cliffhanger ,he,he,he...Was it Chinese take-out ? I think I might start watching this show, it sounds pretty good.  TeddyR

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Scott

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2007, 07:52:45 PM »

I missed the last 2 episodes of the season. Hopefully it continues in September. (or when ever the next episodes air.)

It's a good show, but a bit to soap opery for me. They do manage to keep you watching week to week. I hear you can watch all the episodes on the JERICHO CBS webpage.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:54:17 PM by Scott » Logged

Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Thank you very much.. I'll watch it.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »

Scott!! The second half of the season starts Feb. 14.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »

Thanks Trek Geezer. I'll try to watch the last two episodes before then.

Scott

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 09:41:52 PM »

Watched the last two episodes on CBS. It's a good show, but I'd like to see them focus more on the bigger picture. Of course that would make it a much shorter program. If your going to have a soap opera it may as well be post apocalyptal. Will be watching the rest and by the way the Chinese air dropped food supplies at the end of the season. I'll be watching it again in Febuary.

Scott

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 05:44:04 AM »

JERICHO is back Wednesdays at 8pm. Watched the latest episode last night and it was a good one as they showed what happened 48 hours before the bombs went off.

It seems that Jake (the former mayors son) and our new resident in Jericho have been very bad. I'm sure there will be more twist before its over.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 07:31:14 AM »

There is no doubt they are milking the mystery and ambiguity of Hawkins to the hilt.  I think that is the one sure "hook" that keeps folks watching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Jericho (Wednesday Nights at 8pm on CBS) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.