Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:43:26 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy that was some sucky weather « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boy that was some sucky weather  (Read 12833 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 16, 2006, 07:31:07 PM »

Today I drove home through the storm that has been dumping rain on Baltimore after spawning severe weather in other parts of the country.  There was five or six inches of water in a number of places (lower areas) - so much that it was over the curb and onto the sidewalk.  Not too much wind, just a lot of rain.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »

We've been getting a lot of wind and rain here in Southern New Jersey. Kinda fun with the wind except the 9 people who perished down South. The weather is also warm almost balmy.

Menard
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »

Weird. Down here in Kentucky we had a decent start to the day, but the temps started dropping as it wore on and we had light to moderate rain.

Dang, I sound like a weatherman.
dean

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:25:42 AM »

We're in the middle of a crippling drought here, but earlier this week it rained on and off for three odd days, which was the most rain I've seen for a little while.

Interestingly enough here in Melbourne we constantly have to grin and bear the odd weather patterns here.  Yesterday it hit about 7 degrees celcius with rain, then really cold wind, then warm sunshine, then rain again, sun again, then hail.  Some places even got a little snow and we pretty much never get snow.  Melbourne is known for having 'four seasons in one day' I suppose.  Consider that last week we almost hit 30 degrees celcius and you understand how nutty the weather is been lately...

A little more rain would be nice, otherwise our water-restrictions are going to get worse, so I guess whilst people get annoyed at a downpour, most people are generally happier on average when it does rain, because that's really good news.

I'm dreading summer because it's really going to get insanely hot and because of the lack of rain it's going to be a dry heat, so ouch ouch... 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 07:49:41 AM »

We got the nasty, cold, days long rain, but the really bad wind didn't hit in my neck of the woods, but did some damage east of us. Miserable and damp for days on end, colder than we're used to in AL this time of year. The naturally higher humidity just makes the cold sting a bit more, and the first windshield scraping of the season has arrived. Fall is usually my favorite season, but the past week has been the exception.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
dean

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:09 AM »

Oh and just as a thought about how nuts our weather has been lately.

Today it was 36 celcius [hot!] and we had about five minutes of brief rain.  Storms are threatening [which is great]

But the whole thing is just nuts...  especially when you consider that just last week it was 0 degrees in some places and we had a bit of snow. 

Nothing like a good 30 odd degree jump in weather patterns to keep you healthy!

Gah...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
raj

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:41:05 PM »

We had snow flurries here in Toledo last night, there were some flurries in October too.  It's supposed to be a colder than normal winter, or so I've read.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »

Well, we here in north Texas got our share of bad weather, finally. Rain Thursday night, then freezing rain this Friday morning. So far, it is back above freezing, and I hope it stays that way, because I don't get off work till after dark. Unless we close early.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy that was some sucky weather « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.