Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:50:56 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Death Ship  (Read 119812 times)
Peter Krug
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I am in total agreement with you. Let me just say, my standards for movies are some of the lowest you'll ever find, so when I think a movie is bad, you know it's BAD. One of the dullest "horror" movies ever made. Let's just hope the new film, "Ghost Ship", is better. (Actually, that shouldn't be too hard to do.)  
Anon
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

This was one of the most boring movies I ever paid money to see.
Jade G
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Death Ship is the best movie in the world.  It has been a favourite of mine since early childhood.  My mother made me watch it when I was 5 and since then have been addicted to it.  I lost my copy several years ago and was forced to go without Death Ship and it was a hard time for me.  Thank God for the internet!!
To all the other Death Ship fans out there:  Give me a bell!!

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't know whatthe big fuse is over this movie, as I thought it was pretty good!...... I know bad films,and this one doesn't rank as one of those.... It may confuse you at times, but it's not bad.... Love actress VICTORIA Burgoyne in the shower scene!!!!!!...
javi
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2003, 08:49:31 AM »

Es una pelicula genial, te mantiene en tensión en todo momento, mucho mejor que la de ghost ship, y contando que esta tiene 22 años menos. La volvería a ver
BryceDavid
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw Death Ship as a double feature 20 years ago. I thought it was a dreadful film. This is one of them Canadian Tax shelter movies (BTW, I'm Canadian). The stock footage of the sinking ship has to be one of the worst use of stock footage ever. That sequence is in B&W, for crying out loud. Everything is bad in DS. And it's EXTREMELY ugly. But as bad as it is (and it is BAD) the film does leave you with a lasting impression. It's such an ugly looking film that it's almost unique in its ugliness.

BTW, Hollywood just released a big budget "copy" of Death Ship called Ghost Ship. Something tells me this film won't be as memorable as Death Ship. LOL!
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Okay, so this is an aweful movie, punctuated by George Kennedy's bizarre overacting (especially at the end).  And yet, it has a certain atmosphere that makes it memorable to me after watching it many years ago.  The concept of a floating Nazi concentration camp is extremely creepy - I guess it needs a better movie to give it life.
Tom
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I had seen this as a child and it cought my attenion, back in '96 I was able to buy a copy for $2.00 from an old video store.  A bit cheesy but interesting and fun to watch. I never knew that so many people hated it so much.
al
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 06:48:32 PM »

I liked it. I`d buy a copy if I could one. Sorry.
Eichmann
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »

I saw this at a drive-in in 1980 or 1981.  Still remember all the teeth.  Spooky.
Mike
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

A classic film, a night on the booze just would not be complete without films like this to watch. Now on my second VHS copy and have even made a copy to DVD to preserve it...lol. I would like to point out at this time that I am a very strange person.
I just love the idea of a blood hungry Nazi ship sailing the high seas.  
Mateo Ceres
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

First off, I live on a small island in the Caribbean off the coast of Venezuela. The local TV station aired this movie when I was 10 years old. I can honestly say that for a 10 year old, the script, acting and yes, even George Kennedy were scary as hell!
The shower and fishnet scene are forever burned in my brain. I might be biased because of my age when I saw it (I have never watched the movie since, but for me, Death ship is the best damn horror movie ever made!
Arm Commander
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

What do I see, my Seadogs? A George Kennedy Movie! It must be sunk into the Deep Hell of the Inferno, and hope it won't ever rise from the watery grave ever again! Fire your cannons, swashbucklers. No one ever messes with the Arm Commander or the Pyrates!
moviecollector
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Wow! I was about to go to Ebay & buy this as a "blind buy."

But yesterday, I decided to go to a video/dvd/cd exchange place & found this for only $2

I had to buy it & am proud to have it in my video collection.
Its a cheesefest, but I love these kinds of movies.

I do got to thank this site for giving it such a funny review, same with THE CHILDREN & FUTURE FORCE - 2 other bad classics that are reviewed here & that I also bought from that same store.   :)

I can't wait for DEATH SHIP 2: STILL CHUGGIN' ALONG.    
F
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"This ship needs blood, Marshall!"

George Kennedy in a Nazi uniform was a sight to see, and it had a few other laughs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Death Ship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.