Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:21:36 PM
714215 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Return of the Living Dead  (Read 118486 times)
More Brains
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »

I remember seeing this movie when I was eight years old and sleeping with a night light till I was 27.  Ok, maybe just a few weeks but this movie scared me, fascinated me, and made me a zombie movie buff till this day.  Spider and Suicide were awesome.  Zombies whom ran like Carl Lewis, talkd and ate human brains...heck yeah!!!  Burt was hilarious!  Best line was either "I hit the f--king brain!!" or "Why don't you open up the door and ask him Burt?"..."Nah, I'll take your word for it."

The Tarman is the best and funkiest zombie ever with the coolest walk.  I can still hear Suicide yelling!  Also Tarman's tongue, eyes and teeth were the creepiest!  The movie made me think twice of walking through graveyards at night and I hope girls learn from Trash and keep their clothes on when it rains.  
kEETH
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 12:33:59 AM »

ROTLD is by far my favorite movie of all time, all genres included.I seen some other movies I absolutly love, like SHAWN OF THE DEAD, PEE WEES BIG ADVENTURE, ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, FIGHT CLUB, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, GOODFELLAS, NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, KUNG FU HUSTLE, and many more, but still I find myself looking for a movie to top ROTLD. If anyone has seen such a movie(taking into account my strange choice of favorites) that anywhere compares to or surpasses my love for THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, please email the title.  KRBARB@GMAIL.COM
aaron
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »

truely underappreciated actor :/  i think he would have eventually been able to play lead roles, as his acting was the only display in ROTLD that was REALLY convincing (except maybe Spider).

do any of his friends know how long he was sick for and what kind of signs he showed during the early symptoms?  id just like to know more about his illness and how it could cut down someone so big, strong, and healthy looking like that...did he smoke or have a family history of it?

the reason im so overly interested is because im 6'2 and 170 lbs...about the same size he was, and i kind of look like him...ive had alot of people tell me that we are almost identical...and that was actually the basis on which led me to see the movie.  i know that cancer doesnt quite work like that (if you look like or have similar features to someone who has cancer you could also be at risk), but i also understand that no one really knows how cancer works...which makes me kinda concerned.

ive thought about calling his parents store ozzies and briefly discussing it with them in a very modest and understanding manner...but i dont know their feelings on the subject and if they would be offended or too taken off guard to speak with me...but im from rockford illinois, about 2 hours away from where he grew up

either way, RIP and i hope someone see's this and can atleast write something.  ive always felt a special bond with this guy since i saw the movie back in about 1999
aaron
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2009, 08:47:33 AM »

oh...i didnt realize how long the topic was.

i was referring to mark venturini (aka suicide)

sounds kinda obsessive, but i REALLY look like this guy and its not a good feeling to know the one guy you found you look like in hollywood died at age 35 (and you're 25)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »

oh...i didnt realize how long the topic was.

i was referring to mark venturini (aka suicide)

sounds kinda obsessive, but i REALLY look like this guy and its not a good feeling to know the one guy you found you look like in hollywood died at age 35 (and you're 25)

Best just to read this then;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukemia

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

I bought this for my cousin on his 17th birthday.  He ended up watching it with my 12 year old cousin.  Probably not a smart move considering this movie.  Oh well, they both said it was good, but weird in the end.

I never watched this film before and I actually have no interest.  Zombie films don't often interest me.  Now zombie videos game are a different story...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »

I never watched this film before and I actually have no interest.  Zombie films don't often interest me.  Now zombie videos game are a different story...

I'd give it a try. I'm not a huge zombie fan myself but this ranks as one of the best zombie films out there. It's alot of fun, with great effects and a kick ass soundtrack.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »

I've watched this movie so many times it is hardwired in my memory.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
jeff ellett
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2010, 09:00:15 AM »

omg great classic b-movie, and the funny thing is i'm wearing my return of the living dead shirt
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2010, 09:42:18 AM »

I love this movie.  I remember watching it when I was about ten or twelve.  There is a lot of Zombies/Undead and screaming.  I thought it was funny that in the gang of punk rockers there was the clean cut girl and her clean cut boyfriend.  The gang must had a quota to fill.   BounceGiggle

I have seen the other other Return of the Living Dead movies and this one is the cream of the crop.  I will purchase this one as well as the other hopefully soon.

Keep on watch bad movie fans.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2010, 04:13:51 AM »

I love this movie. No fooling, I love this movie. Whenever anybody asks me to put together a list of my favorite movies, Return of the Living Dead will always find its way onto that list. I put it up there with films like Seven Samurai, RotLD is just such a perfect movie.

Look, if you don't love the moment the protagonists jam a pick-axe through the brain of the recently dead, well, I don't think you're somebody worth talking to.

Did I mention I love this movie?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
sandra
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »

Its been a while since I saw this, but I seem to recall that one of the zombies is a dead-ringer (snort !) for Michael Jackson in THRILLER, red leather jacket and all.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

Its been a while since I saw this, but I seem to recall that one of the zombies is a dead-ringer (snort !) for Michael Jackson in THRILLER, red leather jacket and all.

That was the second one...  Smile

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2010, 12:50:22 AM »

Thanks for the great review, Andrew.

I've never seen this so I have to ask: is that Clu Gulager from The Killers in one of the pictures?

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Torgo

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »

One of my favorite movies of all time.  Terrific performances, tons of memorable (and quotable) lines, a super hot & young Linnea Quigley getting all kinds of naked, Tar Man (More brains!) and a midget zombie. What more could anyone ask for?

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Return of the Living Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.