Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:50 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creepshow « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Creepshow  (Read 59377 times)
john
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't think the second segment was based on the blob at all, based on an origianl  King story that may have been called 'weeds' but not sure.
  Always loved the third part.  Very much like an EC comic story by Ingles that I read once.
  Neilson, Marshall's comments, Nate and fluffy are the highlights for me.  
Dave Munger
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I think The Twilight Zone must have spoiled me, because I didn't like this. I kept wanting something extra at the end of each segment, a big irony or something. I was especially dissapointed by the end of the tide one, I wanted them to survive and/or get revenge in a really trick way, maybe involving somehow having made a fake videotape. That ending could have been tacked onto anything about people getting murdered. What was funny about the plant segment, the guy being a hayseed?
Joe Torricelli
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This is my all-time favorite horror flick! I can easily be impressed by horror flicks and b-movies, so I usually say that after I see one for the first time. But I GUARANTEE this remains in my TOP TEN list of horror flicks! I can't even believe this was considered a BAD movie! I just hope Stephen King also starts turning Creepshow into an entire comic book SERIES! If he does, I'm also hoping they'll be clean enough for pre-teen readers! Then I'd BEG my parents for a subscription!
Jay Osbourne
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This is my favorite horror movie.  I wanted the comic way back in '88 or something,I'm 27 now , so I was pretty young growing up watching all the horror,Jason, Freddy, April fools Day, Hellraiser, Phantasm.  Anyways I finally got the comic but was disappointed because it was different from the one in the movie and it was in real bad shape.  Anyways I found out that the one that was in the movie was an only copy.  About five years later I went back to the same comic book store and the owner said "Hey! Remember that Creepshow comic I got for you a long time ago?  Well, a friend of mine found an old box of them in mint condition and I bought 2 of them.  One of them is for you."  He gave it to me for the old cover price.  Just got it on DVD.  Break out the popcorn and a blanket and enjoy.

"Henry, you remind me of a regular barnyard exhibit.  Sheep's eyes, chicken guts, piggy friends,....and s**t for brains!"        'Billie'
radioman970
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Hum...this film doesn't belong.  Nothing bad about this at all.  I've loved this since it came out.  It's now a yearly October viewing.  Stephen King turning into a plant is one of my favorite things ever!
giant Claw
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »

I kind of liked the end cartoon to the second movie CREEPSHOW II WHERE THE BULLIES CHASE THE KID INTO THE ALLEY AND THEIR DEVORED BY THE GIANT VENUS FLYTRAPS and the kid says VENUS FLYTRAPS THEY EAT MEAT
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »

Hum...this film doesn't belong.  Nothing bad about this at all.  I've loved this since it came out.  It's now a yearly October viewing.  Stephen King turning into a plant is one of my favorite things ever!

Well, over time "Bad movie" has come to refer to movies that aren't actually bad but just B or cheesy to some people.
T-Rex Television
Dedicated Viewer

I Am The Walrus!!

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 11:53:11 PM »

I love this movie, and the second one. I have both on dvd. I only recently saw them though, maybe a year or too ago. My father told me about them, said it was a good movie. My favorites from the first were The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill, The Crate, and They're Creeping Up On You. Although neither Creepshow  ever scared me, except for "The Raft" on the second one. That one scares me for some reason. Stupid floating trash bag monster!

"Be still my dog of war, I understand your pain. We have all lost someone we love..."

Panic_Attack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 11:26:41 AM »

Father's Day would have been a little better if they left in the scene that explains why Nathan is so hard to snuff out.

What a classic movie.
Spenc
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

The Where's My Cake Reminds me of the video game of portal

:buggedout:THE CAKE IS A LIE
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »

I love this movie, and the second one. I have both on dvd. I only recently saw them though, maybe a year or too ago. My father told me about them, said it was a good movie. My favorites from the first were The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill, The Crate, and They're Creeping Up On You. Although neither Creepshow  ever scared me, except for "The Raft" on the second one. That one scares me for some reason. Stupid floating trash bag monster!

Jordy Verrill being played by Stephen King, of course. Perhaps the most lines he ever had in a movie?
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »

Father's Day would have been a little better if they left in the scene that explains why Nathan is so hard to snuff out.

And what was the explanation? I have the comic book which contains a lot of the deleted material (such as the flashback of Bedelia identifying Peter Yarbro's corpse at the morgue after Nathan has him killed and Jordy's fantasy about paying off the bank loan), but the hows and whys of Nathan Grantham's resurrection and powers are not touched upon in Father's Day.

Trying to explain why he's difficult to kill seems a bit weird, considering that nobody lifts a hand against him. Bedelia, Hank and Sylvia all passively allow themselves to get killed (due to shock I assume). We don't see how Mrs. Danvers got killed but I assume Nathan caught her by surprise and she likewise made no real effort to defend herself. There's no sign of a struggle when Sylvia inspects the kitchen, just Nathan's muddy footprints and Mrs. Danvers' body propped up behind the door. Why did Nathan put her there, anyway? A lot of his actions don't make much sense, actually:

-Why did he remain in the cemetery for so long? He only starts heading for the mansion after killing Hank, long after night has fallen.
-Why did he bury Bedelia's body? Obviously he's not a typically mindless zombie, but still this seems a bit weird, unless his thinking was it was ironic that his daughter ought to be interred in his own grave.

I know it's just a movie, but Father's Day just has a lot of unanswered little questions. And this seems to stem from the fact it loses steam halfway through. It's good up until just before Hank gets killed. Once Hank snuffs it, we're left wondering why Nathan didn't go to the house immediately after killing Bedelia, and his subsequent "rampage" (if you can call it that) upon getting there leaves a lot to be desired. At least it ended on a high note (and if you're wondering about the fates of Cass and Richard, the comic implies that Nathan kills them soon afterward because the Creep says something along the lines of him "blowing out their candles").

...this is of course completely ignoring Nathan's apparent telekinetic zombie powers, a topic of discussion unto itself.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:56:23 PM by Kooshmeister » Logged
whitelion43
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 09:30:19 PM »

I met Tom Savini who did the special effects for this movie and many other Romero films. and he says the Thing in the crates has a name.  It is Fluffy!
    signed
             Dave

Where's Glen(Amazing Collosal Man, MST3K version)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 08:55:56 AM »

I met Tom Savini who did the special effects for this movie and many other Romero films. and he says the Thing in the crates has a name.  It is Fluffy!
    signed
             Dave

White Lion fan by any chance?  Smile

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »

THE LONESOME DEATH OF JORDY VERILL

Jordy - Stephen King! A farmer that dies a lonesome death.
Based on The Blob. A farmer finds a meteor and accidentally breaks it open, spilling a blue liquid. Strange weeds start growing from the crater and on anything the liquid touched, including the farmer.

Great movie review by Cody! Stephen King actually based this story as well as his novel "The Tommyknockers" on the premise of an old H.P. Lovecraft short story called "The Colour Out of Space", which was about a meteorite that crashes into Earth outside of a small town, then is broken open and the strange 'colourful' substance inside slowly starts to suck the life force out of everyone and everything in the surrounding countryside.

You can read the H.P. Lovecraft story here: http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/cs.aspx

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Creepshow « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.