Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:26:46 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloodsport « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bloodsport  (Read 69002 times)
John Wayne Gacy jr.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Bloodsport is a good movie. I especially like the little kid who plays Van Damme "What kind of a Deal?"              
yannick
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Van Damme was my mentor, man this guy was so amazing what ever happened to him, guess that he took it too far that gayish look and that played against him.

Bloodsport was and still is an amazing movie
Simon
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Yeah!!!
Bloodsport was and still is definatley one of the best classic martial arts movie of all time (hopefully his next movie kumite will overcome bloodsport's success and rep, and reignite his career). Another thing i personally think is that jcvd is the one of the best action hero's around due to the amount of training one has to do to maintain muscular physique and be totally flexible at the sametime. Its HARD!!
Bloodsport and kickboxer are both cool.
tom
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Great review!  I love Bloodsport--it's just the kind of movie you love to see come on TBS on a Saturday afternoon after taking a shower.  You sit there in a towel eating peanut butter and flipping back and forth between cheesy martial arts and college football.  Hot s**t.

tom
underscorebleach.net
Medweasel
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well, for all of you'll wondering what happened to Jean Claude VanDamme, he got hooked onto Cocaine like alot of actors do, he probably started using it for pain, I'm sure alot of those action sequences do hurt, and he spiraled downhill. He lost alot of his body weight and physique from it. You'll notice in some of his newer movies how much skinnier he is. It's not all from getting older. He eventually got off the crack and started his career up again. It might take him a while if ever. I'm sure he burned alot of bridges with his addiction, hence the cheesy cheep movies. But the important thing is that he's off the dope. He has admitted that he is a true martial artist but alot of the stuff he does on camera wouldn't be practical whatsoever in a real fight. He's had to learn camera martial arts. But anyone who can do the splits like that must've had real training. When I was younger. I used to flex my body for hours a day and I never could get close to doing the splits like that, not do I think I wanted to, it looks painful, hehe.
Anyway, that's what happened to him, do a search about it. Hes doing good now but his career isn't. Hopefully, he's still got alot of money left, it doesn't take long to spend even millions on cocaine. Trust me, I know. It's a horrible addiction, just like any addiction. Hopefully, he'll have one or two more good movies in him. Unless he's going to be in Scooby Doo 3 or Scream 82 then he should be okay.
Kevin
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Hey man, awesome site, Bloodsport is so much fun to watch, I've probably watched it a million times with my buddy.  Always quoting classic lines like "You Jackson?  You look like a Jackson, that must make you Frank Ducks"  Or my personal favorite "What the hell is a Dim Mack!"  "Death Touch", so anyways, just wondering if maybe you can post some quotes in sound waves from Jackson like, "First time in the Kumite and he breaks the world record" or "What the Hell is a Dim Mack", just some classic Jackson lines
review
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ever wonder why van damme got to make so many crappy movies.  Well here it is.  I just saw this little gem and it's quickly making it's way to the top of my all time favorite martial arts movies.  Too bad he went downhill so fast.  And to address the reviewer, Frank didn't shake off the blindness he fought in spite of it incase you didn't catch that part.
Pete
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Bloodsport is one of the best martial art movies from the 80's.It was sad to see him derail his carrer.The good news is Van Damme has come back to Quality Movies like Replicant,In Hell,and Wake of Death.He seems to have grip on things now.His upcoming flicks sound good.In Till Death,he'll play a herion-addicted-cop oppisitte Stephen Rea.He has a part in a 70-million Dollar french movie.Asterix 3.He also Has the Hard Corps due for theater release this year.And an offical Sequel to Bloodsport to film in the summer or fall.He might be back indeed.
Mark
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Just watched Bloodsport again tonight.  It may be a cheesy 80's movie but i still thinks it rocks! I seriously am starting to have a crush on the chick who played Janice, she is so hot!!!!!!!!!  The film also brings back personal memories for me because i lived in hong kong during the same time period the movie was filmed.  My favorite part of the movie is the scene in the hotel with Hussein and Frank fighting for Janice. ''You are coming upstairs with me for an interview" hahahaha
Adam
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Blood Sport is by far one of Van Damage's best movies but just out of a bit of interest did anyone ever notice a very young Van Damme in 1984's Breakin. Van Damme dancing it up whilst watching the break dancers is truly one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Zift
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie was pretty good, i liked it. What's not to like, it had Bolo Yeung and Van Damme. The story was okay, and the action was great. Chong Li's the best "bad" guy ever. So if you like martial arts, watch it, you'll really like it.

"You break my record, now i break YOU, like i break your friend"
Francois
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The Whole Chuck Zito thing kind of p**ses me off. people keep saying Chuck beat Van-damme up, or that he beat him down. when in actuallity he sucker punched him, and only hit him twice. If Chuck Zito thought he could truelly kick Van-damme's ass in a fair fight he wouldn't have sucker punched him. To me Zito sucker punching Van-damme only proved Van-damme right by saying "Chuck Zito, has no heart!", because sucker punching someone is a truelly chicken s**t thing to do.

============================================================
Now about the movie:

Bloodsport, was one of my favorite Van-damme movies, and I used to watch at least somewhat frequently. Bolo plays chong Li very well. Bolo was actually a martial arts champion in real life. Plus for those of you who do not know, Van-Damme was not simply a balet Dancer. Van-damme used to own and operate him own karate Dojo in belgium, where he trained before gettng the acting bug, so yes he is a real martial artist.
stu
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »

a good film, most of the acting in it is bad but the fights make up for it, and the cheesy music tops it all. i got the chong li bit where he is on about breakin his record on my phone as my text alert, aswesome
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 08:18:03 AM »

Saw it again recently, easily one of Van Damme's best, after all this years. For a late Cannon film, it's damn well done, from the exotic locations, the pulsating synth ascore and the wise use of stereotypes (remember the bar fight transformed into an arcade competition?).

And the cheese is there to be found. Although Van Damme delivers one of his best performances, I found his Bruce Lee-ish gesturing absolutely hilarious. And Bolo Yeung? Priceless?! And Forest Whitaker in a Van Damme flick? How cool is that, uh? And the brutish sidekick?

On the minus side I didn't like the portrait of Hussein, it stinks of racism even through the years.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »

Chong Li - "Very good, but brick not hit back!"

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Bloodsport « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.