Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:48:22 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Wild Zero « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wild Zero  (Read 11926 times)
Astro Jones
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 27, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »

A touching sci-fi, horror, love story with zombies...

If there is one thing I've learned from this movie is that Rock and Roll can save the world. In fact, it can do anything, and it will never die, EVER.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267116/

"Rock 'n Roll is NOT over, baby! Rock 'n Roll NEVER DIES!"
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »

I'm a HUGE fan of Wild Zero.

It's one of those films that I can watch over and over, and never get sick of.  The dialogue is insane, and the blood is copious.  I wish someone would release a better DVD of the film, with a ton of special features.

LOCK N LOLL! 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Astro Jones
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 12:25:12 AM »

Oh hell yes. I just love the ending with Guitar Wolf and the space ship. [I wont say anything so I don't ruin the ending] Its like the most fantastic ending ever.
dean

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:00:31 AM »

This movie has come up here before, but whenever I see mention of it, I can't help but have the feeling that I've seen a video game of some sort with the same title.

Not sure if my memory's right, and it is [whether it be based on or coincidental to the movie I wouldn't know]  or am I just going nuts.  Either way, sounds like fun!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jake Bezenby
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

This gets better every time I watch it - first time round I missed the bit during the first concert where he knocks over a stage diver using electric power coursing through his guitar.

What's the line from that song they sing? "I've got a badge on my ass with a rock n roll license" - something like that
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:20:43 PM »

No doubt WILD ZERO is a fun film, but if your looking at it for the Zombies and UFO'S then you might be dissappointed. GUITAR WOLF and his band are the most entertaining part of the film. In fact they are the film.

Thumbup (7 out of 10 Stars) Fun film, poor zombies and ufo's.

Jim H

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 03:10:52 AM »

Very disappointed in Wild Zero.  I'd looked forward to seeing it for some time before finding a store that had it for rent.

I wouldn't say it was completely awful, but aside from a few things, it was really bad.

The bits I liked:

Guitar Wolf was sometimes cool.  Their music is AWFUL, however.  Jet Generation is one of the worst songs I have ever heard.  Are there instruments deliberately out of tune?  Are they deliberately playing out of sync and offbeat?
I thought the guy in hot pants was funny at times.
The ending with the guitar sword was kinda neat.
Magic guitar picks which kill zombies?  Sounds good.

That's pretty much it.  Incredibly awful music, bad zombie effects, stupid crap happening for no reason, and to top it all off, the film was often boring.  I was watching it with a friend, and we were both on the brink of falling asleep at times even though we were talking while watching it.

I'd give it a 3/10, and I'm being generous with that.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Wild Zero « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.