Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:28:38 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  My review for "The Beast of Hollow Mountain." « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My review for "The Beast of Hollow Mountain."  (Read 3767 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: April 04, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »

This review is not officially public yet, so this is sort of like getting a sneak peak. I'm currently busting my butt to finish up a review for "Valley of Gwangi" (have to watch it again as the details are getting hazy - the last time I watched it was maybe a month ago) to go along with "Beast" for a Dino-Western double feature at the B-Movie Film Vault. You can check out my "Beast" review here: The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956)

I saw this on 100% Weird on TNT as a kid and it pretty much bored me to tears, though seeing the "Beast" at the end made it all worthwhile.  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »

Wait a minute, is this a new update?  And for a review that has been in the works forever?  I can't deal with this, what is next, an actual release of "Duke Nuke'em Forever?"

I had not watched this movie in a really long time, as in since I was a boy.  For some time I had it mixed up with "The Crater Lake Monster" - so that did not help.  From what you describe, the action and dinosaur attack scenes are pretty intense.  I mean, it picks up the one guy and bounces him off the side of the mountain?

Unfortunate that getting to the good parts means staying patient through an hour of buildup.  A lot of those old films would do something like that, but they would also keep your interest with the early parts of the plot - though those were often based around a relationship between the main male and female characters.

Good stuff.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »

Hahahaha. The razzing is well deserved as this review should've been up months ago. I wouldn't call this a full recovery but I can say that I am starting to pull myself out of the writing rut I was in.

The dinosaur attacks are sort of intense, but very fun to watch. When the Allosaurus(?) chased after two of the main characters that are on horseback, that darmed stop-motion monster was really bookin' it! And yes, it gives the one character a good smack off of a boulder, but mainly out of annoyance. ("I'm trying to enjoy a human snack and those idiots over there are shooting at me!! GRRR!")  BounceGiggle

There's more where that came from as my Gwangi review will be rearing its scaly green head in a few more days. Then I'm going to bust my hump to get my review archives rebuilt (one letter at a time like you suggested), plus I plan on reviewing "The Host" at the Vault before the month is up (while also tackling a new Kaiju article, an interview, a new Genre Watch article, and a few movie reviews for Rogue Cinema). It's gonna be a busy month, but as they say, there's no rest for the wicked.  Wink

Thanks for giving my review a look Andrew.  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »

It's been many years since I've seen this one but I remember the animators did a bang-up job on the Beast's tongue.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  My review for "The Beast of Hollow Mountain." « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.