Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:04 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Halloween" remake casting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Halloween" remake casting  (Read 15408 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »

News from Entertainment Insiders that Malcolm McDowell will play the part originally held by Donald Pleasence, while they have also cast the actor who will be Michael Myers.

http://www.einsiders.com/iscoop/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1167203381&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »

I'm wondering which part of this is most disturbing: that Rob Zombie is directing it; or that Malcolm McDowell is playing Sam Loomis?

The thing that doesn't wash with me with McDowell as Loomis is that I thought the killer was suppose to be scarier than the doctor.

Let's surely hope that this does not turn into another MTV treatment of a classic like what Michael (I can't direct) Bay did to TCM.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »

I don't see how you can improve on the original in anyway, or even equal it, and I have to agree with Menard, ever since I saw A Clockwork Orange I've had to think of Malcolm McDowell as a very disturbing and frightening character. Don't think that Tyler Mane is up to task of being as scary as the original Michael Myers let alone Malcolm McDowell. I also must be honest and say that I have discovered I usually don't like remakes of my favorite films so I'm a little biased before even seeing the remake, keep hoping to see one that will change my mind, only happened once, The Thing, found both to be great.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »

McDowell does good as a psychotic, like he did with his part in "Tank Girl."  You get the idea that he is dangerous and unpredictable, from his speech and mannerisms.  Pleasence came across more subdued as the the "Prophet of Myers."  You got the idea that he should be jumping up and down, screaming, "Michael Myers is nigh invulnerable and he is going to kill us!"  Instead, he comes across as sad, like he knows nobody will believe him, but has to try.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:45:38 PM »

It almost begs the question: with potential sequels to the original still down the road, what is the point of a remake?

Jamie Lee Curtis, is she has no other work, has at least a half dozen sequels in her; hell. Donald Pleasence did. I would rather see the original Laurie Strode take on Michael again that somebody else play the part.

I say that now, but couriosity will most likely get the better of me and I will have to see for myself.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »

I will also see a remake, I try to keep an open mind about these things, but as I said I'm a little bit biased, now a sequel with Jamie Lee Curtis has a lot of potential, I thought the last one she did was good, of course she apparently killed Michael in that one so an explanation would be in order at the start of the movie, but if done correctly a sequel could be real good.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 02:43:05 PM »

Did you guys miss the memo?  There has already been a followup to H20.

***SPOILERS FOR HALLOWEEN RESSURECTION***

Laurie gets killed in the opening of the movie.  And the way they explain Michael not being beheaded in H20 is god damn moronic (it was a guy gagged with the mask forced on him by Michael).

****END***

I'm wondering which part of this is most disturbing: that Rob Zombie is directing it; or that Malcolm McDowell is playing Sam Loomis?

The thing that doesn't wash with me with McDowell as Loomis is that I thought the killer was suppose to be scarier than the doctor.

Let's surely hope that this does not turn into another MTV treatment of a classic like what Michael (I can't direct) Bay did to TCM.

BTW, Rob Zombie has talent beyond music video-style direction.  I was surprised by this after HO1kC, but The Devil's Rejects actually has a lot of skill in it.  The writing is good, the film is well-constructed, and the direction is generally spot on.  He is also a huge fan of 70s grindhouse and horror fare, so I think he can do a good job of it.  John Carpenter seems to love the idea from what he has said so far.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »

I just have something simple to say about the remake:

Why the  Hatred are they remaking all of the classic films?

Hitcher, Hill Have Eyes, Amyityville, ect.

Is Hollywood getting writer's block.

I just don't know.....

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing Zombie's remake, despite the fact that I absolutely love the original.  Being as Zombie is behind it, I feel that I'll be able to not compare it to the original and enjoy it on it's own merits...at least I hope so.

I actually like the casting of McDowell as Loomis.  I believe that he'll give the character a "unhingedness".  I loved Donald's character in the originals but I believe after seeing how much evil was in Michael, the doctor would too become a bit unsteady.

As for Mane....I've not seen him in enough films to make an opinion.  I think Troy was the only film I saw him in, and my recollection of him is fuzzy.  I hope that he can bring the menace and creepiness that used to scare the hell out of me as a child.

One thing I'm a bit worried about when it comes to the film, is the gore.  I believe I read in an interview that Zombie wants to add a quite a bit of gore to his version.  I'm normally a gorehound, and that would sound like great news, but the original was more effective because of it's lack of gore.  Oh well.  I have enough faith in Zombie after seeing Devil's Rejects to give this film the benefit of the doubt.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Famous Mortimer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »

The original is a bit slow to get going, and although it's very tense at times could have had ten minutes cut from it and no-one would have noticed. I'm not a massive fan of Rob Zombie's films either so I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy this...did he not have an idea for an original film? Why remake this, of all films?

Still, it's not as bad as the Hitcher. How close in time are they going to get with remakes? We're already well into the 80s now...any odds on when they remake "Reservoir Dogs"?

"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 07:17:37 PM »

Are they going to use John Carpenter's music in this remake. I saw Carpenter once say that the movie was really bad until he put in the music.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "Halloween" remake casting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.